Is there an app to give sms/push-style popups for emails?

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I haven't found anything so far but am curious if it's a less-publicized feature of another app. This could be annoying depending on mail volume, but I'd like to try it.

Thanks!

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I can't see a universal sms-style popup for emails in the feature list of Intelliscreen, am I missing it? I tried Intelliscreen maybe 9 months ago and thought it was OK but too much. I'm using StatusNotifier now and like the simplicity of it. I just think a popup would be nice so I can see the mail sender and subject, letting me decide if I need to exit whatever app I'm currently in to read it.

Thanks

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I haven't found anything so far but am curious if it's a less-publicized feature of another app. This could be annoying depending on mail volume, but I'd like to try it.

Thanks!

I think prowl will do this. Prowl You download the iTunes Store client it's $2.99 then you have to run software on your pc that will watch your inbox. There are other thing you can have PN to your phone also. It works pretty well.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Install Rock App and have a look at elert, I use that, it pops out a small notification in the bottom right of the phone (no matter what app your in), you can choose to ignore it and it will go away after a set amount of time, you can dismiss it immediately, or you can view the email (still in the app you were in). From there you can choose to open the mail app, delete it, or mark it as read.

Another option is Grip, which I like a little better, but links in the preview are not clickable. Grip is free, you will need to add http://cydia.ipitg.net to your cydia sources for Grip. Elert is $.99

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
elert looks close to what I'm looking for. I don't have much detail on these other app stores, and am a bit hesitant to run what sounds like a second jailbreaker, for fear of something getting screwed up. Has anyone else used redsn0w and Rock Your Phone on their phone?

It sounded like Android had a neat idea for a universal notification system in a bar on the screen. Too bad we don't have anything like that; it's all different. elert should work for any notification (email, sms, push) in combination with StatusNotifier-style icons on the top bar.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
RockApp is not another jailbreak, it's just an app that allows you to purchase their apps. Kinda like cydia or the App Store, it's installed through cydia. I do not use the desktop client, it wouldn't recognize my 3GS when I started using the 3GS I haven't had any issues with RockApp.

I have custom images for the alerts.
6db83f94.jpg

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Intelliscreen doesn't have the pop ups, your right. But with it's alert features on the upgrade, your emails are on your lock screen with constant alerts. You can now access from the status bar in any app like sbsettings. This I think is as close as you'll get right now.

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I installed rockapp and got a trial of elert, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to put up the notifications on my 3gs. I'll investigate further although I do see reports online of it working on 3gs.

I'll give intelliscreen another try if there's a trial.

Thanks for the help all!

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I installed rockapp and got a trial of elert, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to put up the notifications on my 3gs. I'll investigate further although I do see reports online of it working on 3gs.

I'll give intelliscreen another try if there's a trial.

Thanks for the help all!

Elert works fine on my 3GS, make sure after you install it, you reboot the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234