I dont understand why it's JB only. Does it go against some kind of Apple agreement?
    08-05-2009 10:44 AM
    Have you been watching the news at all? They just rejected a dictionary app for having foul language terms... They don't use logic at all.
    08-05-2009 10:50 AM
    SBSettings isn't a legit app because it uses some system files, which Apple finds as a no-no. Mainly, the whole slide your finger across the status bar, do as you please from any app idea (which is a GREAT idea!) is frowned upon by Karl Marx and his Apple Regime.

Same thing for qTweeter.
    08-05-2009 10:54 AM
    Hmm, I thought Apple's whole shpiel stresses how "convenient" their products are.
    08-05-2009 11:13 AM
    Exactly. But they're SUPER anal about how people develop for their OS. Maybe one day it will be better, but I doubt it.
    08-05-2009 11:52 AM
    that's where JB comes in...
    08-05-2009 12:17 PM
    I would jailbreak for that one app alone...I use it 10 times a day.
    08-05-2009 12:22 PM
    Apple could make more money that way.

I mean, Apple could accept apps such as these only if they would get the right to take more % of the income from that app.
    08-05-2009 01:03 PM
    I don't see why Apple didn't just build something like that in the phone os in the first place.

They should have taken some lessons from what apps were being developed and what people were buying for like Windows Mobile and other smartphone OS. There are some great features...all most some basic features they just didn't include to be contrary. Makes no dang sense.
    08-05-2009 02:16 PM
    I'm sure Apple loves the Jailbreak community for it's contributions. Ones Apple will likely incorporate into future versions of the OS. But they will do it the Apple way. Which is good at times and painful in others e.g., iDisk app.
    08-05-2009 05:36 PM
    I know Apple is using the Jailbreak community for ideas. I've read from a couple of resources that there were over 190 Dev-Team downloads from Apple Corporate Offices over the last year or so, which tells me they're watching. I mean Clippy, which is a copy/paste tool on the JB scene looks a LOT like what we have now in 3.0. Not to mention the video, which has been with the JB scene since the 2G.

Apple isn't retarded. They watch. It's like free development 'cause they can grab it, re-engineer it into their own, and most developers won't say anything because of all the heat the JB scene has.
    08-06-2009 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD