Did jailbreaking break my iPhone?

GoffeyUK

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've had my iPhone 3Gs since its release day, and i've enjoyed its many qualities since.

However...

A few weeks ago, i jailbroken the iPhone using purplera1n. The first time i jailbroken it (yes..i've done it more than once) i experience problems with an SMS application i installed through cydia. I'm not sure what application it was, although am pretty sure it was 'RealSms' or something along those lines. Anyways, my phone began receiving text messages hours later, even if i was stood next to the person when they text me, so ultimately i had to restore my iphone...

The second time i jailbroken it (only a few days ago) i think has left a permanent scar. After installing the SBSettings addon 'Rotation Inhibitor' i havn't been able to use my phone correctly in a portrait manner.

For example, when i go into messages, it will instantly rotate landscape to the left. No matter what i do it, won't change its orentation.

So i just assumed i'd ****ed it up again and restored the iPhone via itunes. But...this didn't fix the problem, i'm still suffering from the phone automatically changing the alignment of the screen, regardless of how i hold it. This problem only occured after jailbreaking, and i havn't drop or damaged the phone psychically.

Anyways i'm taking it back the apple store tomorrow to see what they say, but has anyone experience a similar problem? or experience any problems jailbreaking with purplera1n?.

Previously i had an 1st Gen iPod touch for over a year and had been jailbreaking that from the very begining and experience no problems using the Dev Teams jailbreaking methods. So am kinda guessing right now...but is purplera1n all that stable?

Last edited:

GoffeyUK

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Yer its definatly a accelerator problem like, and yes i restored it a few times. I first tried from backup but still had the problem so i restored as new, and have tried this multiple times, but still experiencing the problem.

I'll be taking it in tonight :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW