wallpapers and jailbreaking

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to the iphone world. I have the 3Gs and i was curious is jailbreaking the only way to see your wallpaper all the time not just on the lock screen? If so, whats the easiest way to jail break a iphone?

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, to get a theme or have your wallpaper appear in the background all the time you need to jailbreak.

I used Purplerain to jail break mine. It was very easy, basically download it, plug in the iphone and push "make it rain". I did backup my ibec, ibss files and the ibss certificate just in case I needed them. You don't have to if you don't want to, but I figured I would just play it safe. Here some links to read regarding teh ibec and ibss files:

To get your ibec and ibss files to save (in case they are needed for a future jailbreak):
iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Windows) (Windows)
iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated] (Mac)

This site has a program that will automatically grab your ibec and ibss files so you don't have to manually copy them from the temp folder because they disappear quickly:
Jailbird ? Blog Archive ? ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber

To get your ibss certificate:
Get Your 3G S iBSS Certificate for Upcoming Jailbreak | PurpleRa1n

For a guide on using purple rain:
iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Windows) (Windows)
iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Mac) (Mac)

iclarified also as a step by step guide on jailbreaking with purplerain but it is very easy to do. Really just have to push a button.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to do the purple rain thing...one question first...on iTunes when you right click on you iphone it gives you the option to restore backup or you can just click "restore" which will return phone to orignial setting. Will this work if the jail break gives me issues? Also what will the jail break actually do for me?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to do the purple rain thing...one question first...on iTunes when you right click on you iphone it gives you the option to restore backup or you can just click "restore" which will return phone to orignial setting. Will this work if the jail break gives me issues? Also what will the jail break actually do for me?

Yes if something goes wrong with you jailbreak you can just restore it. And a jailbreak allows you to get themes and third party apps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner