Hi all
    I'm contemplating jailbreaking my 32gb 3gs through rock your phone. I really like the look of Intelliscreen as well as a few other apps via ryp.
    Can you let me know of your experiences with ryp be it good or bad?
    I know when installing Intelliscreen via Cydia it tries to put the ryp software on the phone as well. Looks like this hasn't gone down to well with people who didn't want that on the phone in the 1st place.

Did you install it, love it and now wouldn't be without it. Did the install go OK and you've not had any problems?

Did you install it, hate it and then uninstall it? Did it screw your phone up?
    Can you install other 3rd party software on the phone other than whats available from the ryp app store without re jailbreaking the phone and putting Cydia on it? If so how?

I'd be grateful for your input.
    Regards
    tezza
    07-29-2009 08:44 AM
    I added RYP to my JB 3G and didn't really like it. There aren't many apps in there. Intelliscreen was kinda cool but I didn't make it through the trial before I removed it. There were quite a few bugs, for me anyway. When I had a missed call the lock screen would totally freak out. It seemed to really slow my phone down, although you may not have that problem with the 3Gs.

It's nice but I would probably go with Cydia and wait on RYP. I want to uninstall RYP but you have to restore and I don't want that. The one thing I did like is the desktop interface. I really wish Cydia had something like that. Not so much for the sycning apps but the secure feel to it, if that makes any sense. They have an anti-brick piece that's reassuring.

This is just my opinion!
    07-29-2009 11:09 AM
    I hate it. Its annoying and kept sending me to safe-mode.

screw that thing.

look up lockinfo
    07-29-2009 02:30 PM
    Doesn't LockInfo require Winterboard? I heard that Winterboard slows down significantly the system.
    Also, does LockInfo has missed calls reminder, as Intelliscreen?
    Just guessing to find the right solution for me, too.
    07-29-2009 02:57 PM
    LockInfo does have missed calls, texts, emails and calendar events just like IntelliScreen but LockInfo does require Winterboard.
    07-29-2009 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far.. Sorry to sound stupid but Winterboard is available through Cydia; yes? In order to get Cydia I need to JB using something like Purplera1n; yes?
    Will they all run and install all ok without any conflicts or problems?
    Just being a bit of a coward about it all really and the more I read about Apples stranglehold on what they allow into the app store makes me more determined to JB my phone.
    Thanks again, tezza
    07-29-2009 04:01 PM
    Tezza I feel like you; just purchased a 3GS 16 GB and I'm lurking around to find the best solution for daily use.

Lock Calendar and Notifier/Reminder don't need Winterboard nor Rock Your Phone extensions.

I think these two could get the job done with minimum impact over iPhone stability and performance.

Comments?
    07-29-2009 04:14 PM
    LockCal + Notifier/Reminder could get a good alternative to LockInfo or Intelliscreen, but Notifier/Reminder won't tell you how many SMS/Calls/etc you have or show you previews. I've found that function of IntelliScreen pretty useful so far.

I installed Volume Boost 3.0, and it has a dependency on Winterboard so it installed that too....I have to say, with JUST that installed ( having to deal with Winterboard ) I really haven't noticed an impact on stability, speed or battery.
    07-29-2009 04:27 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far.. Sorry to sound stupid but Winterboard is available through Cydia; yes? In order to get Cydia I need to JB using something like Purplera1n; yes?
    Will they all run and install all ok without any conflicts or problems?
    Just being a bit of a coward about it all really and the more I read about Apples stranglehold on what they allow into the app store makes me more determined to JB my phone.
    Thanks again, tezza

- Winterboard, LockInfo, LockCal, Notifier, etc are all available through Cydia which will be installed on your device when jailbreaking with software like Purplera1n.

Some things DO have conflicts and can cause instability on your phone. At that point you can uninstall programs though Cydia OR you can restore your phone and rejailbreak clean.
    07-29-2009 04:29 PM
    I have a question. I have CyDelete and it allows you to delete apps from the spring board that were downloaded in Cydia. When I hold down the app, RYP wiggles and gives me the "x" to delete. Can I just delete RYP that way? Maybe a stupid question, but I want it off my phone without having to restore.
    07-29-2009 05:27 PM
    I have a question. I have CyDelete and it allows you to delete apps from the spring board that were downloaded in Cydia. When I hold down the app, RYP wiggles and gives me the "x" to delete. Can I just delete RYP that way? Maybe a stupid question, but I want it off my phone without having to restore.
    They do update Intelliscreen. You need RYP to update, don't you want the updates?
    07-29-2009 05:31 PM
    No, I just want ryp off my phone without restoring.
    07-29-2009 05:48 PM
    Are you looking to remove intelliscreen as well?
    07-29-2009 05:49 PM
    I didn't make it through the trial of intelliscreen. All I really wanted was the calendar piece and u can get that free with Lock Calendar. It had a few bugs that really annoyed me.
    07-29-2009 06:05 PM
    Ah ok. What bugs did you run into? I'm curious as I'm currently in the trial of Intelliscreen.
    07-29-2009 06:22 PM
    Ah ok. What bugs did you run into? I'm curious as I'm currently in the trial of Intelliscreen.
    Well, you may be ok with it, I just had a problem with missed calls and alerts messing up the lockscreen and really slowing my phone down. All I really wanted was the calendar part. I guess there weren't many "bugs" just annoying things. It would slow my phone down to the point that when I would try to close or open a screen, it would take 5-10 seconds for anything to happen. As soon as I removed Intelliscreen, everything seemed fine. So it could be an isolated incident with me. I don't know, I can live without it.
    07-29-2009 06:28 PM
    Fair enough Thanks for the info.
    07-29-2009 06:29 PM
    As soon as I saw the intelliscreen cost $$$ I deleted it. Not worth all the crap it puts on your phone.
    07-29-2009 07:32 PM
    So when you decided to uninstall intelliscreen or the ryp app did you do a restore from a back up prior to the install or did you have to set the phone up as new with all new factory preset settings?
    Tezza
    p.s not looking that great so far for ryp!
    07-30-2009 02:49 AM
    Very interesting! Thanks for the info Big9erfan.
    07-30-2009 02:50 AM
    So when you decided to uninstall intelliscreen or the ryp app did you do a restore from a back up prior to the install or did you have to set the phone up as new with all new factory preset settings?
    Tezza
    p.s not looking that great so far for ryp!
    You can uninstall all 4 things that are installed when you install IntelliScreen right from within Cydia.
    07-30-2009 03:00 AM
    I know these things can be uninstalled etc with something like Cydelete or equivelant but lets suppose I only have RYP on my 3gs and no purplera1n jb or any Cydia. If I then try to remove the packages can I do a restore to a previous back up or do I need to restore to new factory settings?
    07-30-2009 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD