Ok, so here we go.

I want everyone's opinion.

I started PLAYING with (this is NOT the final version!) a battery theme that I'm creating. It's nothing amazing or fancy. I simply took an image of the sun (in HD) directly from the NASA website (so yes, thats really what the sun looks like) and more or less created a digital solar eclipse which runs the duration of your charge.

This is specifically to be used with the "Illumine Theme", but for THIS PURPOSE of getting everyone's feedback, I have ONLY included the files to effectively activate the battery charging theme only in Winterboard.

Here's how to test it and play with it:

1) Download the "SolarEclipse.zip" file from this post. (It's virus free, and verified)
    2) Unzip/Unrar/Unpack it any way that you can. Once that's done, you should have a folder called "Solar Eclipse Battery Theme (Custom)".
    3) Open up iPhone Browser (or any other SSH client) and manually add this to your themes selection. For the purpose of this instructional, I am using iPhone Browser, so all steps will use that client.
    -Open iPhone Browser.
    -Click on "Library".
    -Right-click on "Themes", and select "New Folder". Name that folder "Solar Eclipse Battery Theme".
    -Right-click on your newly created "Solar Eclipse Battery Theme" folder, and select "New Folder". Name this new folder "Bundles".
    -Right-click on your newly created "Bundles" folder, and select "New Folder". Name this new folder "com.apple.springboard".
    -Right-click on your newly created "com.apple.springboard" folder, and drag all 17 image files (*.png files) from the folder you just unzipped from my RAR file.
    -Re-spring SpringBoard.
    -Open Winterboard
    -Enable "Solar Eclipse Battery Theme"
    -Re-spring SpringBoard.

Tell me what you all think!

I'm open to all suggestions, I just want to hear some input. This was originally created because the "Illumine Theme" is amazing, but it's battery charging theme SUCKS, so I figured that I would try to create something that goes more in tune with that theme.

Even bad input is good input, as it will force me to create something better for everyone to use.
    07-26-2009 10:41 PM
    y no screenshots?
    07-26-2009 10:51 PM
    Ok, here is my screenshot of 100%.

I disabled IntelliScreen, and you see all of my other 'tweaked' settings, such as the Verizon logo, and my new slider text, but ignore all that. This is what a full charge will look like:

It's as I said, not a 'finished' theme, this is a work in progress. I'm not completely satisfied with how small I can make the shpheres, but I can't make them any larger due to thelimitations of the sizes that I'm required to work with to have it created.

I was thinking about possibly making some type of solar flare at only the 100% screen, to show that 'something special' announcing your fully charged, but I don't know. I figured that I would listen to some feedback.
    Last edited by LVCIFER; 07-26-2009 at 11:15 PM.
    07-26-2009 11:08 PM
    nice...I tried the iphonebrowser way but it didn't wrk out that well. So I used Safari Download plug 2 download the folder. Then I used iFile 2 extract & copy it 2 my Themes folder...All on my iPhone No help from a Mac or PC ...
    07-26-2009 11:28 PM
    PS how'd u get the green bars for ur signal bars?
    07-26-2009 11:47 PM
    Just download "color signal bars" from Cydia and install.
    07-27-2009 12:55 AM
    Also, what do you think of the actual charging theme? Anything you'd recommend, or anything that you would change?
    07-27-2009 12:56 AM
    Truthfully, I'm not feeling it "flow" with "Illumine".

I'm thinking that I went wrong by using the sun. "Illumine" seems like a cooler, more relaxed type of "glowing" illumination

Maybe instead, I should go with a lunar eclipse instead? See how the moon feels, instead of the sun?

What do you guys think?
    07-27-2009 02:57 AM
    ok...try out the moon & update us...good deal
    07-27-2009 08:39 AM
    It seems that Illumine likes the outer glow effect in Photoshop, which makes the image look like it's glowing from underneath.

With that said, I'd go with a lunar eclipse, maybe, but reverse the numbers so the eclipse happens as it charges rather than the other way.

Another idea would be to have like an apple logo (black one) illuminate as it charges.
    Here's a screen shot of my normal lockscreen attached.Attachment 2180
    07-27-2009 10:16 AM
    Yeah, I was thinking about using the lunar eclipse but going and putting the stages in order.

Example: Full moon @ empty battery, half battery is full eclipse, then full battery is a full moon again.

I'm liking that idea more, actually.

And as for the outter glow, that's just a really easy layer style, so that wouldn't be hard at all, just a few tweaks.

I guess I could slightly "illuminate" the moon as it eclipses/charges, I just want to keep it as HD as possible.
    07-27-2009 11:01 AM
    From what you guys know - is ther any way to make a MOVIE battery, or maybe even a gif?

They figured out how to do it with movie wallpapers...

Does anyone know if there's a way to install 17 seperately moving images as battery themes?
    07-27-2009 11:05 AM
    Now That I've officially started creating the battery themes, I'm seriously contemplating having a wicked, evil battery theme.

I'm thinking of it like this...

The battery is low/depleted, a few sets of "glow in the dark eyes" show up. As the battery fills, more sets of eyes show up and a figure can slowly be seen, and once the battery is full there's a full blown grim reaper/devil/demon type creature indicating your battery is full.

What do you guys think? Sound corny? Or worth a shot?
    07-27-2009 03:11 PM
    I personally like the lunar moon idea...the evil1 sounds good 2
    07-27-2009 04:09 PM
    These all sound nice, why not do all of them to give us some choices? You are making me want to jailbreak my new phone just to get at your battery themes!
    07-28-2009 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD