When ATT Releases MMS/Tethering What will happen?....

RottenApple

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I am curious as to what will Jailbreakers have to do when AT&T releases these features to iPhone users. Specifically... There is no MMS option in the 3.0 OS as of right now, or nowhere that I have looked. SO.... When AT&T releases these features, how will they deliver the goods? I am assuming through the 3.1 UPDATE. And if this is correct, then we will have to wait for yet another CRACK/Hack for this? Not that I would be upset, just curious. I am grateful for everything DEVTeam and other alike have done for us. Anyone want to weigh in with their thoughts? I might be completely wrong.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow.

Wow.

WOW.

This has been covered in so many threads!

First, you update your carrier file to TETHER. It will enable the MMS option, but no messages will go through.

You have to call AT&T and have them change your data plans, which they WILL NOT DO anymore. Customer service reps have been threatened with job termination if they do this!

PLUS, OS 3.1 breaks the ability to modify carrier files, so no more free tethering.

Please don't make comments like that unless you know exactly what you're talking about, Chunk.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
When they release Tethering they will add an option to the current data plan like an extra $30-$40 and a data cap.

When MMS release people with messaging plans that support MMS will use it.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I heard that AT&T is incorporating MMS free of charge with the iPhone data plan. Now, this is not a rumor, I heard it from THIS site when they posted the quote from an AT&T reprasentative. So it WILL be free, with no additional or different data/messaging plan needed, AT&T is just going to modify their current plans.

RottenApple

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess Im still not understanding. Since there is NO way to send MMS messages via iPhone regardless if APPLE says it supports it or not, there is NO PHYSICAL BUTTON saying " SEND VIA MMS ". So apparently, there will have to be some kind of software update to incorporate this function into the iPhone messaging system. Someone correct me if Im wrong please.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, that's not an operating system update, it's simply a carrier file update (*.ipcc file). It's available for download for less than half of 1MB, so iTunes would just download a very small update to enable the buttons for MMS, and I assume this carrier file would update the carrier info to reflect that your AT&T service nowsupports the SENDING/RECEIVING of MMS.

I know this because I ccurrently have all of the MMS buttons and functions AVAILABLE on my iPhone (because I modified my carrier file), the only thing os that I can't send/receive MMS, becase my AT&T plan doesn't have the correct messaging plans to support it.

But I have all of my MMS buttons functioning flawlessly, and it took me less than 2 minutes to set it up.

RottenApple

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Actually, that's not an operating system update, it's simply a carrier file update (*.ipcc file). It's available for download for less than half of 1MB, so iTunes would just download a very small update to enable the buttons for MMS, and I assume this carrier file would update the carrier info to reflect that your AT&T service nowsupports the SENDING/RECEIVING of MMS.

I know this because I ccurrently have all of the MMS buttons and functions AVAILABLE on my iPhone (because I modified my carrier file), the only thing os that I can't send/receive MMS, becase my AT&T plan doesn't have the correct messaging plans to support it.

But I have all of my MMS buttons functioning flawlessly, and it took me less than 2 minutes to set it up.

THANK YOU, exactly what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner