SpringBoard Crashing - Can't get out of Safemode..from an app?

Mr. Josh

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi, every time I boot my iPhone I get this error message:

We apologize for the inconvenience but springboard has crashed.mobilesubstrate/did not/cause this problem: it has protected you from it.your devise is now running in safe mode. All extensions that support this safety system are disabled.Reboot (or restart springboard) to return to normal mode. to return to this dialog touch the status bar.

I restarted my springboard many times. I've heard that if you go into categories and hit Restart SB it works, and it dose, but IF I try to apply any theme using winter board it crashes and goes back into safe mode.

Anyway, this all started happening after I tried to install an App from Cydia. It was something like mCleaner or something. I can't remove it, because it didn't install, but it wouldn't matter anyway, Cydelete is turned off.

I am running on firmware 3.0, and of course jailbraken, have installed openSSH from cydia, could that help me now?

I kinda don't want to restore but if I have too I have too.

Thanks,
Josh :eek:

Braintree

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I tried to install app from Cydia but instead my iPhone went in safe mode. I wanted to remove the app but it could not be removed by pressing the app icon. After reading this thread i realized that i have to goto Cydia + Manage tab + Packages + click the app to be removed + modify button + remove .
Once app was removed , everything is normal now.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
same thing happened to me when i installed "Spotbright" from Cydia and when i typed "loc" and then deleted it, the darn thing would crash everytime. But when i typed anything else in it, it would work fine!

ItouchHelper

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got a jailbroken Itouch 4Gen 4.2.1 32 GB. I've never had any problems with cydia apps, until i downloaded an app (i dont really remember the name, sorry) and it asked to restart the springboard. I restarted, like i did before many times, and it opened normally my lockinfo, and it appeared a black screen with the loading sign. It sent me to safe mode. So i thought something was wrong with that app, and i removed it while i was in safe mode (in cydia, obviously). So everything went back to normal. Then, i thought it could just be a problem with that app, so i upgraded one of my apps i really need : Yosion, because i was having problems with it lately, so i thought that with the upgrade, things would go better... but i was wrong. It sent me to safe mode again. I tried removing it to see if it worked and it worked again normally. But as i said, i really need it cause i've got a apple peel 520. Is there anyway that i can go back to my normal springboard without deleting that app (Yosion)? Does this mean that i can't download any apps in cydia normally like before??? PLEASE HELP D: im so saad...

mkokolis#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem but for me after any app I install wether it be from cydia or the app store once I respring I go into safe mode or it will put me into safe mode right away is this a problem with the jailbreak I am assuming it is I used redsn0w 9.9.b4, is there a fix for this or do we need to wait for the next untethered jailbreak?

mrwonka75

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem just from installing biteSMS!! I just pure again after trying half the day. So if anyone has any ideas let me know. I miss my JB!!

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Seems like i just cant get WinterBoard to work...I install it and when the reboot kicks in it goes in safe mode..and i have to uninstall it...Has winterboard been updated?

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope no updates yet it crashes springboard for me too. I delete it and for now I'm not messing with it

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

AzNg0d1030

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Theme crashing Springboard

I just got a theme called AnimeCyber, it is supposed to be compatible with my iphone 1G iOS 3.1.3, but when I turn it on in WinterBoard, my springboard keeps crashing! Help please!:eek:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Another dead thread... But to poster above... When you are in safe mode, go into cydia and uninstall that theme!

kasuru samwel

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
hi
my iphone 4 got a problem, yesterday i was downloading something through cydia then springboard crashed.
we apologize for the inconvenience, but springboard has crashed, mobile substrate/did not/cause this problem:
it has protected you from it.
your device now running in safe mode: all extensions that support this safety system are disamble
reboot(or restart springboard)to return to the normal mode, to return this dialog tourch the status bar,
i need your help, for what can i do.
have a good day

kasuru samwel

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
hi
my iphone 4 got a problem yesterday, i was downloading something through cydia then springboard crashed.
we apologize for the inconvenience, but springboard has crashed, mobile substrate/did not/cause this problem:
it has protected you from it.
your device now running in safe mode: all extensions that support this safety system are disamble
reboot(or restart springboard)to return to the normal mode, to return this dialog tourch the status bar,
i need your hel for what can i do.
have a good day

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall whatever it was you installed and try it again. Chances are, it's from whatever tweak you installed. Winterboard wreaked havoc on my phone. I wound up having to delete it and respring. My phone was crashing about once an hour.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW