contemplating jailbreak...a few questions

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
well im fine with just 3.0, but theres some things i want/cant wait for in 3.1. and before i jailbreak i want to know if it is possible with a jailbreak.

1. i want to be able to respond to an sms while in another application. for example, say im in safari and get an sms, i want ot be able to have a keypad there for me to respond without hitting reply then going to the messages app and replying and closing that and opening safari again

2. an easy place to turn off battery usage/network options. this is going to be hard to explain. but i want something like an app or anything really that bluetooth, 3g, location services, and wifi are all listed with theyre on/off switch. instead of them all being in different places in the settings app like they currently are. i just want it to be really easy to turn them on/off at the same time.

sorry if these have been addressed before. thanks

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
@nickpav - I don't believe there addressed in 3.1 and I recently jailbroke my 3gs and absolutely love it. There are a few options for the quick reply for texting, there is an app that enables you to multi-task, and SBsettings allows you to turn on/off the things your looking for as well as hide icons you don't want/need to have viewed ie..standard sms app when you have the better one.

Hope this helps.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Your SMS solution would be irealsms, irealquicksms, or bitesms. I prefer irealsms though. All are pay apps that only work on a JB iPhone

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
well the jailbreak went well. but my friend pushed me in the pool with my phone today, so it didnt last long lol

that 'prank' just ISN'T FUNNY anymore! doesn't everyone in today's society have a cellphone...and it's usually ON THEM?!

i'm sorry to hear about that nickpav. i'd be pissed. hope you get a replacement out of him/her from it. what a headache.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen