Upgrade or Not OS 3.0

Dazlin2

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a iphone 3g running on 2.2.1 which has been jailbroken, I have spent quite alot of time adjusting the look (Themes, widgets etc) So the question is should I upgrade to OS 3.0 (are the new features worth it) and re-jailbrake or just leave it????

Thanks in advance

djwindsor

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Definitely worth the upgrade. I was in the same situation as you. There are a few Cydia apps that backup all third party apps (Aptbackup comes to mind). There are a few others. Then when you get 3.0 and re jailbreak and get Cydia back you load the backup program and do a restore. I believe it may have to be synced with iTunes. Not sure. There may be a program you have to pay for too that will restore based on your user name and password. But invest the time to do it. There are lots of APPS coming out that are 3.0 specific and what I find best about 3.0 is there is virtually no crashing of any programs. Safari has not crashed once since I upgraded to 3.0.

Last edited:

Dazlin2

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. I updated to 3.0 last evening and also updated to the latest version of iTunes, I then re-jailbroke and ssh all the widgets & themes back onto the phone and all is good:thumbsup:

thanks again

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. I updated to 3.0 last evening and also updated to the latest version of iTunes, I then re-jailbroke and ssh all the widgets & themes back onto the phone and all is good:thumbsup:

thanks again

congrats, I think I am getting 3.1 the day it comes out and I will re-jailbreak later. I would not mind that much if it was no longer JB

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner