SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
If I use a new back up I made and I back up my jailbroken phone will it run smoother. I have been using my old back up for jailbreak. I haven't made a new one for months. but again will my phone run smoother when I jailbreak then back up to a new back up?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
If I use a new back up I made and I back up my jailbroken phone will it run smoother. I have been using my old back up for jailbreak. I haven't made a new one for months. but again will my phone run smoother when I jailbreak then back up to a new back up?

I love it how no one is helping me out.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I thought you were complaining that 3.0 had so many bugs in another thread? Now you are saying you are using a backup of a jailbroken iPhone... I'm telling you right now that is your problem. Like I said, start fresh. All of your issues from the other thread have nothing to do with 3.0 - blame your jailbroken iPhone along with using a backup file to restore.

Restore as new - then jailbreak again. Simple as that. Don't even try using a backup with a jailbroken phone. Or you can ignore my advice. Good luck.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
No.

1) restore the phone
2) set it up as a new phone, do not use a backup
3) JB your phone
4) sync to retrieve your contacts, apps, etc

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
alright I understand this but I have a new back up I created over the weekend and did not use it when I jailbroke. I can use this one right? like I said I made it over the weekend. I set my phone up as a new one over the weekend and I have that back up.

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Listen, let's make this clear.

1) Restore your phone.
2) Set up as a new phone.
3) Jailbreak.
4) Sync.

Did you spot the word "Backup" in there? No. Guess why? Cos you don't use one as part of the JB process.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal