If I use a new back up I made and I back up my jailbroken phone will it run smoother. I have been using my old back up for jailbreak. I haven't made a new one for months. but again will my phone run smoother when I jailbreak then back up to a new back up?
    07-16-2009 04:52 PM
    If I use a new back up I made and I back up my jailbroken phone will it run smoother. I have been using my old back up for jailbreak. I haven't made a new one for months. but again will my phone run smoother when I jailbreak then back up to a new back up?
    I love it how no one is helping me out.
    07-16-2009 07:45 PM
    I thought you were complaining that 3.0 had so many bugs in another thread? Now you are saying you are using a backup of a jailbroken iPhone... I'm telling you right now that is your problem. Like I said, start fresh. All of your issues from the other thread have nothing to do with 3.0 - blame your jailbroken iPhone along with using a backup file to restore.

Restore as new - then jailbreak again. Simple as that. Don't even try using a backup with a jailbroken phone. Or you can ignore my advice. Good luck.
    07-16-2009 08:18 PM
    so when I jailbreak back up from a new back up?
    07-16-2009 08:29 PM
    No.

1) restore the phone
    2) set it up as a new phone, do not use a backup
    3) JB your phone
    4) sync to retrieve your contacts, apps, etc
    07-16-2009 08:32 PM
    alright I understand this but I have a new back up I created over the weekend and did not use it when I jailbroke. I can use this one right? like I said I made it over the weekend. I set my phone up as a new one over the weekend and I have that back up.
    07-16-2009 08:36 PM
    yeah use the NEW unJB backup...
    07-16-2009 09:07 PM
    thank you for answering me. ha
    07-16-2009 09:12 PM
    Listen, let's make this clear.

1) Restore your phone.
    2) Set up as a new phone.
    3) Jailbreak.
    4) Sync.

Did you spot the word "Backup" in there? No. Guess why? Cos you don't use one as part of the JB process.
    07-17-2009 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD