iPhone 3GS Newbie - Jailbreak & Unlock

mchu6am4

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first Apple product ever. I would like to jailbreak & unlock my phone so I can use it on Orange UK simcard. It's running 3.0 software and I have Itunes running on my Windows machine.

The question is how do I stop/disable the phone from upgrading to software version 3.1 etc as I have read on DevTeam that you may not be able to jailbreak/unlock EVER again if you do this? Is there an option in Itunes to disable the software upgrade facility?

Also, how will I be able to install applications, i.e. can I use Itunes even after the unlock/jailbreak?

Lastly, I read on Dev Team that you need to back up some files before you unlock/jailbreak..are these essential/recommended to back up?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Ash

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
OK. You will be fine, lets see here

1) All you have to do is not update until the next version of purplera1n/redsn0w is out and is covered on 3.1. You will always be able to JB again because people will always make JB for the latest version.

2) Yes, you can use Itunes,Cydia, Icy, Installer ect to get apps.

3)Use purplera1n. It will be much easier for someone new like you and me

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
The phone will not automatically upgrade to 3.1, what will happen is once 3.1 is released and you connect your phone to iTunes it will tell you an upgrade is available and ask you if you want to install it. Just say-ay no-o, (no), just saaaay no.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner