So I used the Shift Restore option in itunes to restore my 3g OS3.0 to the redsnow firmare I downloaded. As far as I can tell that should have jailbroken it. But im not sure as the menu looks the same as before and I don't see cydia or anything like that there. I was unable to go through the steps of redsnow because I kept getting the failed dfu mode error. I'm trying to break the phone for a tmobile sim. I still have the att sim in. I'm trying to move from the jailbreak to the unlock phaze.
    07-11-2009 01:27 AM
    Your best bet is probably to just do a real restore to 3.0, without that custom firmware and then JB using redsn0w 0.8. Redsn0w 0.8 uses recovery mode, so it should be a bit easier to JB than it was with older redsn0w versions.
    07-11-2009 01:36 AM
    this redsno 08 is a vuze file as far as i can tell should it br downloaded to the pc?
    07-11-2009 08:12 AM
    Vuze is just a flashy and bloated bit torrent client. Redsn0w is downloaded using bit torrent, so yes you can use Vuze to download it. To ensure you're getting a legit copy, download it from here.
    07-11-2009 09:12 AM
    no joy. im getting the same old dfu mode failed. No device detected You probablly misunderstood the instructions. Please consult... Itunes should be on correct?
    07-11-2009 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD