Iphone Dead Please Help Me

asaf

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I had an UNLOCKED 2G IPHONE where all except the SMS functions worked.

On the advice of DEV to make the SMS functions work
<1> I installed itunes version 7.6 and downloaded firmware 2.2.0
<2> Used Shift+restore button and selected firmware 2.2.0
However the process started and continued and then an error message came (The phone 'iphone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred[5])
<3> Installed and ran Quickpwn but that also gave an error (The application failed to initialise properly 0xc0000135. Click okay to terminate the application)
<4> When I am opening Itunes message is coming "Itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes

My iphone is displaying a YELLOW TRIANGLE AND THE IPHONE IS NOT WORKING

KINDLY HELP ME.....WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

The details of my iphone before it went dead are
Kindly help..as I need to use iphone now...
Capacity -- 7.3 GB
Version --- 1.0.2(1C28)
Model ----- MA712
Model Firmware -- 0314.08_G

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Why don't you just upgrade to the latest version of iTunes, restore to 3.0 and then jailbreak, hacktivate & unlock all at the same time with redsn0w 0.8?

Last edited:

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Were taking the sim from the other carrier out of the phone when restoring, I'm not sure but this might cause a problem? I haven't unlocked my iPhone, but I would think it could.

asaf

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Dear MATT...Part 1 completed...how to do part 2

Why don't you just upgrade to the latest version of iTunes, restore to 3.0 and then jailbreak, hacktivate & unlock all at the same time with redsn0w 0.8

Dear Matt
First of all thanks....I upgraded to itunes 8.2 and restored to 3.0 firmware version.
Now from the dreaded "yellow triangle" some respite....now...a photo with the iphone plug showing a connect to itunes is coming + SLIDE FOR EMERGENCY IS COMING(this message is coming when the SIM is installed when no sim is installed then msg is coming "No sim card installed. Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone)

Now Matt...about Redsnow 0.8
I have downloaded it....it is asking for *.ipsw file(i have found it in iphone software update folder named iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore)
However I have not started the process...some queries
<1> is this the file i have to use
<2> in some posts i read about cydia and icy...what are these and if these options come during installation what should i do ?
<3> Do i have to unlock,jailbreak etc..with my SIM card in the iphone(it is not AT&T sim but Indian SIM, Vodafone)
<4> After this process is over will i be able to use the iphone as i did earlier with any kind of sim(as i told u earlier..this iphone was earlier unlocked)

I hope i am not troubling you with these queries...thanks in advance

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
1) Yes, that is the correct file
2) Select Cydia, do not select Icy.
3) Doubt it matters whether your SIM is in the phone or not, but i'd probably just leave it in.
4) Yes, you should have a fully functional and unlocked iPhone.

I have never owned a 2G, so have not gone through the process myself. This post says that you'll also need 2 baseband bootloader files (3.9 & 4.6) during the JB process. You can download these two files from here.

During the JB process, you should at some point be given the option to hactivate your iPhone. Do this, as this will activate your iPhone, getting rid of the "slide for emergency" screen your iPhone is currently stuck on. You should also get the option to unlock your iPhone, it might be referred to as boot neuter... so you'd want to select this as well.

Hope all goes well, please stop back and let us know how it all went.

Reactions: Leanna Lofte

asaf

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Matt thanks a lot

1) Yes, that is the correct file
2) Select Cydia, do not select Icy.
3) Doubt it matters whether your SIM is in the phone or not, but i'd probably just leave it in.
4) Yes, you should have a fully functional and unlocked iPhone.

I have never owned a 2G, so have not gone through the process myself. This post says that you'll also need 2 baseband bootloader files (3.9 & 4.6) during the JB process. You can download these two files from

During the JB process, you should at some point be given the option to hactivate your iPhone. Do this, as this will activate your iPhone, getting rid of the "slide for emergency" screen your iPhone is currently stuck on. You should also get the option to unlock your iPhone, it might be referred to as boot neuter... so you'd want to select this as well.

Hope all goes well, please stop back and let us know how it all went.

Matt thanks a lot...iphone is up and working...all because of your help.
I tried many forums but you gave me the most precise and useful answers...i would like to have your email address....i really do not know how to send my email to you because the forum is not allowing posting of my email....however i am trying ....it is asaf55[at]gmail dot com

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Good job Matt. You get a cookie. Just a question. Aren't the original iPhones the only ones that can actually brick and become a very heavy paperweight?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro