SMS Themes and modding

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
Has anyone had any success with this? The only success i have had is sms tones. and i was able to replace the wallpaper with a custom one of my own however the image only reveals itself on the transition from an app or spring board ---> to the Messages App for abotu a second or two, then transitions back to the default background and bubbles.

"thuwun":confused:

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me as if you replaced the wrong image. There is an image that is specifically meant to display while an app is loading.

For examples, you should download the iComplete theme, as it has pretty much every last thing tricked out.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
^^^ thanks , I will try this when i get home. I am pretty sure i replaced the right file tho, because if i'm not mistaken there are 2, and i replaced both of them and it still flashed back to the default.

But will def look into it tonite. Thanx for the suggestion, will post my results when i get them.

"thuwun"

and 1 question this is working on a new 3.0 3GS device? that is what i'm running, JB'd by Ra1n Rc1&Rc2a

Last edited:

taksdk

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if you replaced the Default.png and the Default-smsanswer.png than all you are doing is changing the loading images. The bubbles will be named something like balloon_1.png.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sounds to me as if you replaced the wrong image. There is an image that is specifically meant to display while an app is loading.

For examples, you should download the iComplete theme, as it has pretty much every last thing tricked out.

ok just downloaded the iComplete theme, and I am doin everything correct it is just not compatible with the 3gs 3.0 cuz i followed the same things they did, and even the iComplete doesn't load in the sms app. guess i will just have to wait for an update to Boss or winterboard for these changes to become active and actually take affect in the sms app.

Yeah if you replaced the Default.png and the Default-smsanswer.png than all you are doing is changing the loading images. The bubbles will be named something like balloon_1.png.

and ^^^^ i'm not concerned about the bubbles right now, that is not a problem it is the background that i'm mainly concerned with. there must be something in the program line of the sms app that recognizes the actual formatting of the png file. I will research this a bit more and keep you all updated on my progress ( my theory right now, is the formatting of the images, and file size)

"thuwun"

rmracer27

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
ok just downloaded the iComplete theme, and I am doin everything correct it is just not compatible with the 3gs 3.0 cuz i followed the same things they did, and even the iComplete doesn't load in the sms app. guess i will just have to wait for an update to Boss or winterboard for these changes to become active and actually take affect in the sms app.

and ^^^^ i'm not concerned about the bubbles right now, that is not a problem it is the background that i'm mainly concerned with. there must be something in the program line of the sms app that recognizes the actual formatting of the png file. I will research this a bit more and keep you all updated on my progress ( my theory right now, is the formatting of the images, and file size)

"thuwun"

I am having the same problem with my 3gs.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
Working SMS Bubbles/Balloons :)

OK everyone after doing a lot of line by line searching through iPhone explorer, ssh, and forums i still have not gotten any progress with the backgrounds for sms; however i have finally figured out how to make the sms bubbles/balloons to work in your themes if you are making them yourself or if you are downloading them from cydia/etc here is what you need to do:

there should already be a folder named:
" MobileSMS.app " (without the " " of course) (make sure your bubble/balloon png are in there named Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png) Now this is the same as previous themes. But here is the most important part for 3.0 users (i'm a 3GS 3.0 user so i'm assuming this works for regular 3G and all others that have upgraded to 3.0)

You need to make this folder:
" ChatKit.framework " (again without the " " 's) (this is where you need to have your bubble/balloon png's named Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png)
But ChatKit is not limited to Ballons it also contains:

addcontact.png
Balloon_1.png
Balloon_2.png (these are all .png so i'm not typing anymore)
BalloonInputField
checked
compose
compose_atom
compose_atom_selected
delete
deletepressed
failure-btn
failure-btn-pressed
failure-exclamation-glyph
group-icon-normal
group-icon-white
ImageBubbleMask
ImageBubbleMaskUntailed
ImageBubbleUntailed-Green
input-field-cover
MessageEntryBG
multiSend-dropshadow
multisend-navbar
multisend-normal
notchecked
PhotoButton
plus
progressfill
selectedcheck
select-media-bubble
select-text-bubble
SendButton
SendButtonPressed
smalltrash
Video-play-button

So your theme needs to look like this:

Blue Light ( theme folder name; place any springboard png in here)
Bundles (Theme Subfolder)​
com.apple.springbaord (Bundles subfolder)​
en.lproj (com.appl.springboard subfolder)​
SpringBoard.string (en.lproj file; this is your away lock label ) (i.e. "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "Thuwun's iPhone" ) (that's my person message)​
com.apple.TelephonyUI (Bundles subfolder )​
bottombarknobgray.png (com.apple.TelephonyUI file; this is the image of the slideer button when your iPhone is locked)​

Folders (Theme subfolder )​
Chatkit.framework (Folder Subfolder ) (place your bubble/balloon png)​
MobileSMS.app (Folder Subfolder ) (place bubble png and background png (even though i haven't figured outhow to get it to work yet)​
SpringBoard.app (Folder Subfolder ) (place your battery png in here for when iPhone is charging images)​

Icons (Theme Subfolder ) ( place png for all the springboard apps that you want changed)​

UISounds (Theme Subfolder ) (place dtmf-1.caf thru dtmf-9 & dtmf-star , dtmf-pound.caf for telephone keypad sounds and all other system sounds ringtones smstones etc)​

i'm going to stop here but you should get the point... if you need anymore help hit me up annd i'll help you as far as my knowledge and research skill can.

If you would like to see a sample of these images in chatkit,framework you can iPhone explorer or ssh into your iPhone and goto:

root/system/library/privateframeworks/chatkit.framework

Hope This helps everyone... all in a days work :)

"thuwun"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods