I happen to know for a fact that it works fine on the 3G OS 3.0, but when I jailbroke my 3G[s], it literally crashed my iPhone. Thank god for mobilesubstrate and safe mode.
    07-09-2009 04:28 PM
    Not sure what ToneFX does, or is? But thank you for the heads up. I will not download this unless it gets updated and I want it's fetures, whatever they may be.
    07-09-2009 05:53 PM
    just breathing some new life into this thread. ToneFX allows you to change your SMS, calendar, etc. ringtones to whatever you want without having to SSH. haven't had it crash my phone or anything...yet. however...

i have a 3GS and downloaded ToneFX (version 1.509) yesterday. i wish i had seen this post before then. i was able to get ToneFX to install properly, however no matter what tone i select for SMS, email, calendar, etc... and SAVE my changes, i still hear completely random tones. not the ones i selected for each category. and yes, i have checked to ensure i have 'shuffle ringtones' set to OFF.

i downloaded several tones through Rock & Cydia to use as tones for my phone. i do hear the tones and have them activated in Winterboard. however, ToneFX just doesn't want to play the correct tone after i have selected it.

any thoughts on this? i mean, other than ToneFX doesn't work on 3GS? surely it's updated to work on 3GS now since OS 3.1 came out. right? right? guess i'll try to reinstall it and see if that does any good.
    10-28-2009 09:41 PM
    That's weird...I had it on my 3g[s] on 3.1.2 and it worked fine. I actually just uninstalled it today b/c most ppl have their own ringtones on my phone ne way. But I had it on mine...
    10-29-2009 01:33 AM
    I also have ToneFX on my 3GS with 3.1.2 and it's running flawlessly.
    10-29-2009 07:01 AM
    interesting. i wonder if it has anything to do with me installing/using tones from Cydia/Rock for use with Winterboard? do you all use these type tones with ToneFX? or does everyone create their own on the ToneFX.com website?
    10-29-2009 07:58 AM
    Efiko Software - ToneFXs Download

You can download the tonefxscreator there. Then you make your own tones on your computer and it puts them on your iPhone, then you enable them with tonefxs on the iPhone.
    10-29-2009 09:30 AM
    interesting. i wonder if it has anything to do with me installing/using tones from Cydia/Rock for use with Winterboard? do you all use these type tones with ToneFX? or does everyone create their own on the ToneFX.com website?
    You may want to import the Cydia ringtones to your actual iTunes ringtone folder. I do this then delete the ringtones from Cydia afterward.
    10-29-2009 11:06 AM
    You may want to import the Cydia ringtones to your actual iTunes ringtone folder. I do this then delete the ringtones from Cydia afterward.
    But in order to do this don't I have to SSH into the phone? Only thing I could access via PC was my photos
    10-29-2009 11:10 AM
    i haven't found a way to import Cydia ringtones into my iTunes ringtone folder yet. still waiting for an answer on that. but i tried uninstaling/reinstalling ToneFX. that didn't seem to matter either.

and just for fun, i tried activating 1 ringtone at a time then saving. didn't work either.
    10-31-2009 09:51 AM
    Have you tried using the ToneFX ringtone creator to make tones to work with it? (Since their instructions clearly tell you that's all you can use with it.)
    10-31-2009 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD