I could just be paranoid, but after I jailbroke my 3GS I feel like the phone isn't as fast and doesn't preform as smoothly. I also feel that my signal strength is not as good.

Let me say that I have been home the entire day and I never get that great of service at my house/in my yard- I'll be out all day tomorrow so I'll update ya then.
    07-07-2009 11:41 PM
    I was actually thinking about posting about this. Since jailbreaking I have definitely noticed a slow down; most notably when pressing the awake button and when trying to load the spring board after using a app. Wondering what it could be. Thinking about maybe re-jailbreaking it.
    07-08-2009 12:36 AM
    Yes thats where I notice mine lagging!

I also notice it when swiping through home screens. I have the glaskart theme so maybe themes slow the springboard down?
    07-08-2009 12:43 AM
    i think its the way it was jailbroken because on my 3GS it is perfectly fast and smooth and i jailbroke it.. maybe try re jailbreaking it!!?

also i installed haptic pro vibration and it definitely slowed the load times down dramatically but i uninstalled it and it is back to normal i would say rejailbreak for sure if you notice a big difference or uninstaall any apps that might slow it down like haptic or haptic pro and maybe others too.
    07-08-2009 12:44 AM
    No issues here at all. The 3GS is perfect for jailbreaking becUse it has loads of extra RAM and proccessor speed to use. I jailbroke via purplera1n RC 1. Everything is running just as smooth.

With that said, be careful what you install. Winterboard and mobile substrate were notorious for slowing down the 3G.

Matt
    07-08-2009 01:24 AM
    Was wondering this as well. STill havent caved in an Jail-broke my 3GS for fear of losing the speed
    07-08-2009 02:03 AM
    If i recall, mine was slow before installing winterboard.

For those of you with no problems, did you use purplera1n or redsn0w?
    07-08-2009 02:40 AM
    i used purplera1n when it first came out so im guessing it was the RC1?
    but yah had absolutely no problems until it came to installing haptic pro... uninstalled now and back to the sweet fast 3GS
    07-08-2009 03:13 AM
    here are a few good ringtone i made.. check them out

Ringtones.zip
    07-08-2009 03:38 AM
    mine is perfectly speedy. Purplera1n did a damn fine job, damn fine.
    07-09-2009 11:02 PM
    No issues here at all. The 3GS is perfect for jailbreaking becUse it has loads of extra RAM and proccessor speed to use. I jailbroke via purplera1n RC 1. Everything is running just as smooth.
    Matt
    If you did a JB with purplera1n RC1, then you *really* need to download the latest purplera1n (RC2a) and run it on your phone. You do not need to restore, just plug your iPhone in and run it. This will install additional kernel patches that are essential for some components to run properly.

And about Winterboard... this is probably the worst app in terms of slowing down an iPhone. If you want a fast JB iPhone, then don't install Winterboard.
    07-09-2009 11:11 PM
    I have winterboard, seems to be running fine, no slowdown at all.
    07-09-2009 11:56 PM
    What is winterboard and what does it do? Is it a needed program for a jailbroken 3GS? Also, I'm thinking for jailbraking my 3GS but what are the benefits and pros/cons? Thanks all.

I love this phone, I'm a old BB Pearl and Storm user, never going back!
    07-10-2009 02:26 AM
    mine has been super slower as well...so u think it's WINTERBOARD?! avaiable memory varies 4rm 12mb-30mb. I'm on resn0w 7.2 3G
    07-10-2009 03:30 AM
    What is winterboard and what does it do? Is it a needed program for a jailbroken 3GS? Also, I'm thinking for jailbraking my 3GS but what are the benefits and pros/cons? Thanks all.

I love this phone, I'm a old BB Pearl and Storm user, never going back!
    It is a customization tool. Instead of having to go into the ssh files and what not and replace things it lets you do it right on the phone with simple check boxes
    07-10-2009 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD