Unlocking Vs. Jailbreakding Clarification

vantheman169

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone I am new to this Forum. I have recently bought 2 iphone 2gs from ebay 1 for me and the wife. I have not recieved them yet and i am still deployed to IRAQ so i wont get to play with them until i get home.

Anyways my question is, i know how to jailbreak and have done it to my Ipod touch 2g with 3.0 software with cydia. Now with the iphone 2G i plan on jailbreaking it when i get home. So what do i need to do to use my jailbroken iphone on the T-mobile network? Do i need to get ANYSIM or TURBOSIM off of ebay in order for it to work, or just put in my sim card and it should work?

I am sorry if this question has been posted but i could not find a thread on it and i have searched and searched and i keep finding conflicting sources. Anything clarification would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
To get your iPhone 2G to work with tmobile you will need to jailbreak with redsn0w and the unlock & jailbreak.
Edit sorry I was getting 2G & 3G mixed up.

Last edited:

vantheman169

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh ok jailbreaking is not a problem and have damn near perfected it i have done it to my ipod so much!! So just ultrasn0w huh. Thanks for the quick reply i have been confused about this!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Don't use ultrasn0w with the 2G! You need to bootneuter the 2G, which is a very different process.

Basically, update your iPhone 2G to 3.0 using iTunes then start redsn0w point it at iphone1,1_3.0_7A341_restore.ipsw (if you're on a Mac, it's under [your user] > library > itunes > iPhone Software Updates) and start the process. You'll see a 3rd checkbox under cydia/icy install options called Unlock. Check that box. You'll have to download the 2 bootneuter files bl39.bin and bl46.bin, and then redsn0w will flash your iPhone 2G (be patient, it's a long process).

Let me know if that helps,

vantheman169

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh ok see this is the kind of conflicting things i have been running into people saying 1 thing when i have to do another. Where do i get the 2 bootneuter files bl39.bin and bl46.bin?

vantheman169

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok so let me make sure i got this, i jailbreak to 3.0 using redsn0w, then i download these files, where do i put them? and do i download them from the link to my iphone?

vantheman169

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
well i have used resn0w to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g. It took me a while kept getting stupid errors but i got it to work after a few tries. I was just unsure about the bootnueter files and what i do with them once i have them.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Redsn0w will ask you for the files as part of the process, as long as you make sure you click the checkbox next to "Unlock" at the beginning of the process.

It handles the 2G differently than the 3G.

vantheman169

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Ritchie!

Ulocking and jailbreaking my wifes iphone worked like a dream, thanks for you help! I am still in iraq and i was able to explain it over the net to show her how to do it, after she got the files which seemed to be the hardest part for her, the rest was easy. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner