Okay guys the iPhone with 3.0 is great but it is still lacking. Thankfully we have the jailbreaking community to provide us with services that the current OS does not provide or probably will never provide. I decided to make this list of Apps I feel are Must Haves for a Jailbroken device. Pics are included. I will also make some commentary suggest features that should be worked on (whether by Apple or the JB community). Please comment.

LockInfo gives the lockscreen a purpose providing invaluable information on new SMS, Email, Weather and Appointments. Here's a Look:

You can get LockInfo here and make your own custom package LockInfo Matte UI Configuration

BiteSMS 3.0 ($5.95) is a must have for big texters that need quick reply, quickcompose, smiley icon feature that can be used whether you are in the middle of an email or browsing the web. Check out there website. Here is a pic of my BiteSMS's quickcompose:

Every Jailbreaker knows you need: Winterboard, Cydia, Backgrounder and Categories but there are others.

xGPS (free turn by turn), AptBackup (back up JB apps), Cycorder, CyDelete (Delete cydia apps), OpenSSH, Safari Download Plug in, SbSettings, Show Battery Percentage ( the 3gs can't have all the fun), and Status Notifier. There are others so feel free to comment and add some.

Also I wanted to discuss what the Iphone is really missing.

- Scrolling feature added to Safari (it takes a million swipes to go down a long page)
    - Feature to organize Apps
    - A history feature in Spotlight
    Last edited by infenit101; 07-03-2009 at 04:23 PM.
    07-03-2009 04:21 PM
    xGPS was really confusing for me and I couldn't figure out how to even search for an address. I deleted it after 2 minutes because the UI was hideous and clunky. I like the quickreply but they shouldn't make you donate, they should ask you but not require it, I think that's stupid.

This is what makes jailbreaking almost NOT worth it at all. The thing is, a lot of the jailbreak apps cost MONEY, and not just small change, MORE money than many app store apps! And paying for them is not as easy either, it's managed through ****ty third party websites and codes and all that jazz.

The lockscreen app is ok but it's going to dim in a few seconds if you don't touch it, so I just automatically unlock the phone anyway :S the lockscreen wasn't meant to be something you do things on.

The stuff you mentioned in the bottom seriously needs to be implemented. Especially the scrolling by bar in safari. Like SERIOUSLY. It takes me like 30 swipes sometimes to get to the bottom of a page.

Oh and since we now have spotlight, we should have the option to hide apps so that we can just use spotlight to get to them instead of having a million home screens. It would eliminate the problem of having the default apps clogging your screen when you have replaced them with third party, like "Weather", "Calculator", "Phone" or other such things that can be replaced..
    And while they're at it, implement a gosh darn mobile finder already. Come on.
    Last edited by Jellotime91; 07-03-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    07-03-2009 04:58 PM
    That's a pretty good list of YOUR favorite apps. Out of everything you listed, I would like Cycorder, Cydia, and SBSettings. That's it. We don't NEED Winterboard, Categories(I can do this myself. I have 11 pages to play with), or Backgrounder(I like my already sad battery life). Never really used OpenSSH(only when I changed my SMS tone). Battery percentage, I don't care.

The only thing I think we need is SBSettings(or something similar) for quick access to important switches in the Settings app. Other than that, we don't need anything.
    07-03-2009 05:44 PM
    yea i cant get xgps to work either. under gps it says not connected.
    07-03-2009 05:53 PM
    The lockscreen app is ok but it's going to dim in a few seconds if you don't touch it, so I just automatically unlock the phone anyway :S the lockscreen wasn't meant to be something you do things on.
    Wow... I gotta disagree! BJB (Before JailBreak ;-) there were times when I would wake my phone up to see what time it was. Now, AJB (and with LockInfo installed), I can also see whether I've got an appointment or ToDo item coming up, whether I've received an email/text/phone call (and who from), and check the weather... all without having to unlock... to me, that's INCREDIBLY useful!!

That's a pretty good list of YOUR favorite apps. Out of everything you listed, I would like Cycorder, Cydia, and SBSettings. That's it. We don't NEED Winterboard, Categories(I can do this myself. I have 11 pages to play with), or Backgrounder(I like my already sad battery life). Never really used OpenSSH(only when I changed my SMS tone). Battery percentage, I don't care.

The only thing I think we need is SBSettings(or something similar) for quick access to important switches in the Settings app. Other than that, we don't need anything.
    Like you said, it's a good list of HIS favorites. While we can (and should) tell others what we find useful, none of us can tell someone else what they NEED. Personally, I find LockInfo, Categories and Backgrounder MUCH more useful than SBSettings... I just don't change those settings that often. Do I NEED those things? No. But am I glad that I can use them (as well as the WeatherInfo and ToDo plugins for LockInfo, Winterboard, QuickScroll2, Make It Mine, vWallpaper, Battery Control, Clock Hide, etc.)? OH YEAH!!!!!
    12-28-2009 06:31 PM
    Some things that I need are:
    * ability to clone/duplicate calendar events (non-recurring)
    * ability to more accurately specify calendar alerts (eg: 25 minutes). Apple could easily employ the already existing "slot machine" style wheels.
    Last edited by DainBramage1; 12-28-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    12-28-2009 06:45 PM
    ByteSms for six bucks! Wow that price went up since July. I just paid $11! It s a must have app though. Love it.
    12-28-2009 10:08 PM
    is there anything that JUST makes the quick reply option available without having to get a whole license for bitesms or irealsms?
    12-28-2009 10:26 PM
    is there anything that JUST makes the quick reply option available without having to get a whole license for bitesms or irealsms?
    QuickReplySMS from Cydia
    12-29-2009 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD