Jail Broken Iphone unable to install anything from Cydia

rooney112

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I've just jail broken my iphone3G, OS 3.0 today, using redsn0w... All is fine, until Cydia prompts me to update essentials and all.... I can't install the updates, neither can i download any apps... because....

this msg keeps appearing everytime i try to install anything on cydia... HELP!!!!

"Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration(2) on essential"

spreck

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
if you install both cydia and icy, you get this problem.

don't know if there is an easier way, but i restored my iphone through itunes and rejailbroke it only installing cydia and not icy. everything is working as intended now.

after searching the forums here, i found that other people having a similar problem did the same.

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
if you install both cydia and icy, you get this problem.

don't know if there is an easier way, but i restored my iphone through itunes and rejailbroke it only installing cydia and not icy. everything is working as intended now.

after searching the forums here, i found that other people having a similar problem did the same.

yeah, was getting these errors when I installed both...

In Icy it was: "dpkg:parse error in file 'var/lib/dpkg/status near line 26 package 'firmware' duplicate value for user defined field 'Name'"

and In Cydia it was: both that I got cache errors and a "sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned a error code"

I just restored to 3.0 and going to rejailbreak and see if that helps.

Dirtrider59

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
To the developer

I'm getting the same thing i don't think who ever desighned this had everything planned!! Icy or Cydia wont work for me...:(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2