GriP (Growl for Iphone) now support Push Notifications!

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
iNotifyEx - GriP (Growl for Iphone) successor, global notifications system for iPhone

Good news! Latest build of GriP adds support for Push Notifications, replacing the normal popups!!!

More details

networkpx Project Blog: GriP 0.1-11n Released

Here?s a test...remember this is highly customizable, and the app is just in beta.

Yfrog - vle - Uploaded by antonioj beejive

Yfrog - vle - Uploaded by antonioj beejive + HeiWAY

Yfrog - xus - Uploaded by antonioj Message Log - please someone make this accessible via sbs settings toggle or like an app on SB

Last edited:

Waffles#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SMS Alerts?

The push notification support is incredibly cool, but what about sms/calendar alerts? They seem so similar to me I would think it would be easy to expand to those alerts as well, as someone who knows nothing about the subject. :D

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
also got it off lightmasters repository and it's amazing! the ability to read and delete mail without actualy opening the mail app is particularly awesome!
one question though, how do i assign apps to a particular priority? would love to be able to set stuff like fring notifications as sticky.

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately right now you can?t choose different behaviours for different push notification apps. You can only choose between SMS, Email, and Push Notifications has a whole

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
ah ok so what is the purpose of the priority settings then? or is this just something that hasn't been fully implemented yet?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
This is definitely cool! What do you with the deb file to enable SMS support?

Found this in the MacThemes forum.

Upload the .deb file to /var/root/.

Open Mobile Terminal

Type "su" and hit return when you first launch terminal then it will ask for a password
type "alpine" then tap return

type cd ~ ; dpkg -i ?filename.deb?, where you have to replace ?filename.deb? with the file name of the uploaded file (without the guillemets).

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
It?s really easy once you do it for the first time ;)

Regarding the Double Height Statusbar theme, only use the 1.0 version - the newer ones will make springboard crash