redsn0w in june ???

geemanaz

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak OS 3.0 With redsn0w For Win and MAc

Thanks to The Dev Team

redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS) and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). Currently it is available for Windows and Mac OS X (there are some issues using redsn0w with OS X PPC, please use an Intel Mac until we have this problem resolved).

REDSN0W PROVIDES SIMILAR FUNCTIONALITY TO QUICKPWN.

If you want to build custom firmware files with more flexibility it is suggested that you use ?PwnageTool? on Mac OS X.

GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.
Yellowsn0w in its current form will NOT work with the baseband version that is present in the 3.0 update, you will need Ultrasn0w, which will be released sometime soon, Ultrasn0w will work with all iPhone 3G models (but not 3GS), even ones that were previously unlockable, Ultrasn0w (when available) will be released via APT (this means you will be able to get it via Cydia or Icy).
Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the latest version of redsn0w.
This app is suitable for the recent 3.0 release
redsn0w will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
redsn0w WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch, iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G (not the iPhone 3GS).
To use redsn0w simply upgrade the device in iTunes to firmware version 3.0 and run redsn0w to activate and jailbreak the device (and if you are using an original iPhone 2G, it will unlock it too!)

Last edited:

luvsion

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
i tried mine.. now it stuck at waiting for reboot for about 10mins.. anyone know how long this gonna take? or my iphone is gone.. T.T

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone with a currently jailbroken 2G gone through the process of restore to 3.0 and used Redsnow to jailbreak? Did you retain all of your jailbreak apps or did you need to reinstall? Did you lose any apps or data? Is it just as seamless as pwnage?

jeepkj457

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
just jailbroke my 3g with redsn0w. the entire process took 10 minutes tops. on vista btw. its so much faster with redsn0w then it was before

thatiphoneguy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
same here, its so fast and easy with redsnow, took 10 mins tops.. only beef i have is, that cydia keeps crashing. every time i hit the install tab for sbsettings, it crashes. its quite annoying right now.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Just jailbroke my 3G using redsn0w after restoring to 3.0 and setting up as a new phone. Worked great. Beware though that not all apps in the Cydia store (or App store for that matter) are compatible with 3.0. QuickGold resulted in a hard crash with reboots into safe mode. Uninstalling QuickGold solved the problem. I will wait until the Cydia apps that integrate with the OS are upgraded or confirmed to work with 3.0 before trying anymore of them. Cycorder still works like a charm BTW. :D

thatiphoneguy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
i tried mine.. now it stuck at waiting for reboot for about 10mins.. anyone know how long this gonna take? or my iphone is gone.. T.T

is this a 1st gen?? mines doing this as well... i did it on my 3G and everything worked perfectly.. on my first gen, i cant seem to activate the 3.0software because its an at&t phone and im in canada on rogers, then when i try to use redsnow the phone wont reboot... any help guys?

Last edited:

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
Reporting back a successful redsn0w-y day in June.
iPhone 3G

1) Restored back to 2.2.1. (I like to start clean)
2) Used Itunes to update to 3.0 via the Update button.
3) Ran redsn0w (hooray Cydia is back)
4) Updated my carrier file to 5.0 in hopes MMS and Tethering might work. (Untested)
5) Installed the new AppSync thanks to the *lous team.
6) Used Itunes to do a Backup Restore to get my mail, contacts, etc. back.
7) Did a preliminary sync of a few apps, verified apps were launching and saved games weren't affected (hoorah!)
8) Used Itunes to finish syncing my apps.
9) Verifying all apps (will report back if any fail)
10) Later I will sync up the music.

All in all, a very successful update. Couldn't be done without the amazing support of the iPhone community.

Last edited:

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
if u alrdy have GM 3.0 download on ur iphone do u still HAVE to restore 3.0 os again to JB?!

The only difference between GM 3.0 and the 3.0 that was released 1.5 weeks later is the 1.5 week difference in release dates. Both firmwares are 100% identical, not even 1 byte of data is different.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Reporting back a successful redsn0w-y day in June.
iPhone 3G

1) Restored back to 2.2.1. (I like to start clean)

If you really like to start clean, than you should restore to 3.0, not 2.2.1. A restore to 3.0 will wipe clean the files on your iPhone. Who knows if some 2.2.1 files will remain on there after an upgrade.

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
If you really like to start clean, than you should restore to 3.0, not 2.2.1. A restore to 3.0 will wipe clean the files on your iPhone. Who knows if some 2.2.1 files will remain on there after an upgrade.

Good point. I will keep that in mind for the future. Thank you.

ew_deathscythe

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
ok.. after installing things like reflective dock, 5 row icon, some hackulous apps.. i tried respringing it.. and it just gets stuck at the apple.. has that happened to anyone yet? cuz i jb it like a few times already.. still having the same issue..

petey2428

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
now I?m really screwed.

My iPhone was an unlocked and jailbreaked 2g with 1.1.3 firmware. I updated it to OS 3.0 on iTunes. Then I used redsn0w to jailbreak/unlock it. everything seemed fine till the ?rebooting your iphone? step, but then I realized that I didn?t put it in the DFU mode correctly. Then everything worked out fine until the ?setting baseband? part. It?s supposed to take up to 2 mins, but mine wasn?t finished even after 4 hours, so I forced reset it. Then I tried to restore the firmware on itunes, but I got the ?iphone cannot be restored error (23)? message. Now my iPhone is permanently in a recover mode I think. The screen only shows either an apple sign or a USB cable plugging into iTunes sign. I?ve looked everywhere trying to fix this, but none worked out. I tried using iBrick, tried downgrading it to firmware 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 1.0, 1.1.3, pretty much everything, and now I?m clueless on what to do. Please help me, right now I don?t even have a phone! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Where is the default storage location for the ipsw file on a windows PC? When one uses pwnage, it supplies an ipsw file.