Where to download IPSW for 3.0 3G Jailbreak?

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded and ran Pwnage tool but where do you download a working IPSW file for 3.0 3G jailbreak?

I am in a major rush to do this to get sold phone shipped out to buyer....

Please help

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Just do a shift-click on the restore button. You then be able to browse to the firmware image you created.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wait a second - could it be so easy to just download that IPSW, install it, and have a jailbroken phone?

I have never jailbroken my iPhone yet. I have no idea what tHe process is.

IS IT AS SIMPLE as simply downloading that IPSW and restoring?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's the thing - Im on windows. But if the tool only creates an ipsw, and then you simply use iTunes, logically, couldn't I just download the CUSTOM ipsw that the Mac tool creates, and install it using iTunes on my windows system?

For example, I read that before you open iTunes, you have to go into DFU mode or something.

Basically, what I'm asking is this -

above, in THIS thread, the IPSW was posted.

Can I simply download that IPSW, fire up iTunes, Shift+Restore to the custom IPSW I just downloaded (created by the mac tool) and voil?! Have a jailbroken iPhone?

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
You can try but I couldn't get that to work for me on my work windows machine.
iTunes kept telling me the file was not valid then quickpwn was saying it wasnt the right version.

This one I posted above you just DL the apple IPSW file and the tool itself works its magic on the file and WAH-LAH....JB iPhone

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wait a second - go over to w/w/w.iphonehacks.c/o/m, and take a look, apparently they just posted the tool for both Windows & Mac!

Unless I'm seeing sh*t....

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I dont know what that redsnow is, nor have I ever used it.
I would wait until you see a release from dev team here for windows to be safe....

Just MHO.