New JailBreaker... Need Help/Advice

rushia3n4

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have been reading the Dev. Team and am thinking of JailBreaking my Iphone. I just need some help and/or advice.

I have a Iphone 3G and just upgraded to OS 3.0
I have never JailBroke or Unlocked my Phone.
I would like to use other Apps not by Apple.

If I JailBreak and things go wrong or I dont like it can I go back to the way it was before and do I loose all the apps I have already purchased.

Any help and advice is appreciated.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
If you jailbreak and want to go back all you need to do is restore from itunes and then when you sync it will restore all your purchased apps through the legit system.
Needless to say all the jailbroken apps will be gone though.

rushia3n4

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak

yea I figured that about the Jailbreaked Apps.....That is fine with me.

Now I just need to figure out what I have to do to JailBreak my Iphone. Are there any real downfall concerns, I heard speed is compromised

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
there's no huge cause for concern.

1. read the forum posts stickied to the top of the forum. they'll lead you to guides on how to jailbreak.
2. make sure to never upgrade until Dev-Team has the upgrade jail-broke.

I've heard this about speed, and i personally have an activation issue (which i'm hoping i get to fix with the new update), but overall it seems fairly stable (at least as far as hacking goes ;)

rushia3n4

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
a Walkthrough?

I found a nice walkthrough here....

at ModMyi.com

Two Questions??

I have already updated to OS 3.0, so I dont need to save to to desktop or anything...

And should I am all synced up to current, but should I have stuff backed up somewhere else???

rushia3n4

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I did the JailBreak

Thank you for all your advice. I went ahead with the JailBreak. It went smooth. I did have to try and get the DFU more than once, but that was my 3 week old baby's fault. She likes to poop.

Also one question about Cydia, WHen I go to manage and I can see what apps I downloaded, there are a bunch of other things. Do I need those things? And will they keep getting downloaded and building up everytime I open Cydia.

Also how do I delete apps that I get from Cydia or even Icy for that matter

luvsion

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
anyone had jailbroke? my iphone now stuck at waiting for reboot about 15mins. how long it suspose to be in that condition? im worry.. freaked out.. T.T

rushia3n4

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
15 mins

I think 15 mins is about right... I dont really remember... my little girl was crying... lol

Also do I need to keep the ipsw that was created on my descktop

luvsion

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
if anyone caught up same problem as me. u can click on cancel then unplug ur iphone. u can try switch it on but it wont work. u just need plug back in ur usb cable then it will back to original status.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods