Hi,

So I'm using an iPhone 3G I bought a year ago (or so) in Belgium, and you can use those with any SIM you like (I'm using a SIM from Luxembourg, where I live).

Chronology:

- Restored phone (set up as new phone) to 3.0
    - Jailbreak with 3.0 Pwnage tool
    - Everything works fine, but my phone doesn't find a cellular network, and the dialog is not even available in Settings (it just says "Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Sounds, ...", leaving out "Carrier".
    - Tried the whole process again, same result
    - Restored to factory 3.0 --> works fine
    - Tried again to jailbreak in Expert mode (essentially only leaving out the logos) --> same result as for the simple mode
    - Restored to factory 3.0, works fine, again
    - Tried to jailbreak again (simple mode), nothing (well, it works, but without the carrier thing)

Well, that's where I am now. Going to factory-restore again.

Oh, one remark: when doing the expert mode, I saw a box for "activate" or sth like, it was checked, and I left it that way.

So, would be glad if someone could help me out.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm using iTunes 8.2

EDIT 2: I'm now back to factory settings, and I just noticed it gives me the "iPhone is activated" prompt, and I don't get that one with Jailbreak (which is most likely the reason for my problem). Anyhow, what does this mean? I mean, since I can use any SIM I want with it?
    Last edited by kkraemer; 06-19-2009 at 04:54 PM.
    06-19-2009 04:31 PM
    Kkraemer, from wati have read on the web i think you should try and untick the box in advanced mode that says activate. It wont hurtto try. Let me know if it works
    06-19-2009 05:50 PM
    Hi, I had exactly the same problem, tried unticking the activation thingy, and then i just got 9807 error when i connected to itunes to activate going back to factory settings now.

Marc
    06-19-2009 08:01 PM
    ...and unclicking the automatically update thingy worked for me. I can't say how many times I tried the process, but it does seem counterintuitive that unclicking the automatic activation lets it automatically activate. Thanks a lot KuKoCy for taking the time to respond. I can't imagine I am the only one who had this problem so there will be a lot of other grateful people.
    Last edited by tofisterra; 06-20-2009 at 03:37 AM.
    06-20-2009 03:35 AM
    Kkraemer, from wati have read on the web i think you should try and untick the box in advanced mode that says activate. It wont hurtto try. Let me know if it works
    Yep, that was it (I already found that yesterday evening on some forum, someone had that same problem for an older version of the OS; thanks anyway).

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by kkraemer; 06-20-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    06-20-2009 08:07 AM
    Go to Dev-Team Blog and download the new JB tool called redsn0w it replace Quickpwn and it will JB Os 3.0 on Win OR MAc they just came out with it Today
    and it faster then Quickpwn and Pwnage tool

redsn0w WILL work for
    Original iPhone (1st Generation)
    Original iPod touch
    iPod touch 2G
    iPhone 3G
    (not the iPhone 3GS)
    06-20-2009 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD