So I decided I was gonna jailbreak my iphone, but I decided to wait until the 3.0 update. I have never jail broke my phone before so I'm just curious, do I have to wait until Friday to be able to jailbreak my phone? If not, what jailbreak program should I use?

I don't need to unlock the phone since I am using AT&T. Just looking to Jailbreak.
    06-17-2009 11:10 PM
    3.0 jailbreak isn't released yet... might be released any second, or might be as late as Friday. The buzz around town though is that the Dev-Team is working on it right now, trying to finish it up.
    06-18-2009 12:10 AM
    For more info from the DEV team, go to

Dev-Team Blog
    06-18-2009 02:28 PM
    I get bored of Jailbreaking my iphone everytime apple updates the software. might not bother this time, advantages are cool but kinda aesthetic in my opinion,
    06-19-2009 08:48 AM
    Jailbreaking is a simple process for the most part. Nothing boring about it.
    06-19-2009 11:42 AM
    Jailbreaking is a simple process for the most part. Nothing boring about it.

This may not be the right thread, but...

I've often thought about jailbreaking. What are the disadvantages to it? There's got to be some...
    06-19-2009 11:50 AM
    I think the main disadvantages are application updates are a manual process since app store updates is not going to find updates for stuff you installed via jailbreak process, unless you actually buy the item.

That's my main disadvantage...Plus you can't update iphone software when it comes out without going through entire process again..even though it is pretty simple enough to do.
    06-19-2009 11:55 AM
    another thing is that your iPhone becomes slower but I think its worth it
    06-19-2009 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD