Updated to 3.0 but remnants of 2.2.1

Cheshireccat

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had a jailbroken 2.2.1 and a few weeks ago I started having apps crash. I decided I would upgrade to 3.0 before the jailbreak was out so I could get a stable restore on one of my machines. I checked iTunes today every 15 minutes until the update was released. I upgraded so I could play my imafia. The upgrade was uneventful until it was finished. It gave me the emergency call only screen and it took me a good 20 minutes of restarting iTunes, rebooting and reconnecting the phone to get the phone to activate.

This is when I noticed some issues. First the wifi antenna was numbers as I had it set earlier when it was jailbroken. Also next to the battery is the battery percentage in numbers as I also had jailbroken. And last is my alarm icon from status notifier.

Now there are mutilpe apps I cannot run. They start for 1/2 second and close. Thus happens with some of my most used apps. I also cannot see the option to send images in a mms. But I see copy/paste and other 3.0 perks.

I want to know how to restore my phone back to completely stock without any memory issues or jailbreak remnants. Any ideas? I would prefer to keep my apps but now that notes syncs, it doesn't matter much. Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheshireccat

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
One other thing

I also no longer have the stocks icon as I hid it before the update. Removed one app and reinstalled and it starts now, but still other issues exist.