How long after 3.0 release to jailbreak?

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
So how long after the official release of 3.0 do you think it will be before the jailbreak and fix to iTunes 8.2 will be available?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Tramain on this one. Shouldn't be too long at all. The dev team announced long ago that they already knew how to jailbreak 3.0, so it should just take a few days of tweaks and final testing before a new quickpwn is released.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Tramain on this one. Shouldn't be too long at all. The dev team announced long ago that they already knew how to jailbreak 3.0, so it should just take a few days of tweaks and final testing before a new quickpwn is released.

Yes they already probably have most of it done because of the beta's.

IamGov#IM

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
There latest blog is worded as though it is already completed, but the release will obviously not happen until it can be tested on the official version of the OS.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
They have a working jailbreak and unlock for iPhone OS 3.0 via iTunes 8.2. Since they are doing a live stream demo of the unlock tonight, I'm guessing they'll release both hacks either Wednesday or Friday.

Dev-Team Blog

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Of course they can only say it's for the 3G! They don't have a 3GS to test with!

If the unlock is possible due to a software flaw in 3.0, then the unlock will work on a 3GS too. If it's a hardware flaw, it's only a maybe that it'll work on the 3GS. It all depends on if they made the same mistake in the 3GS hardware.

We'll know for sure on Friday if the new version of yellowsn0w works on the 3GS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner