Help with unlocking

michael0825

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I am certain that this question has been answered countless times on this forum but I am new to this site and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask it anyway.
My friend is selling me his At&t locked iPhone and I would like to unlock it to use it with my T-Mobile service. I am currently using a Blackberry on T-Mobile with a Blackberry data plan. Do I change my Blackberry data plan to a standard data plan? AND the other HUGE question I have is: How should I go about unlocking the iPhone? I have seen many different ways and different products including software to purchase and download and sim piggyback cards. Which way is reliable and won't destroy my device? I an a Mac user, if that makes it any clearer in terms of software. Any help with these questions would be so appreciated. I feel completely lost and overwhelmed about all of this. Thanks.

Mike

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Never pay for an unlock or JB. The companies that sell those products just package up the ones that are made freely available to everyone. Its it bit like someone blowing up a balloon and selling you the air...

With that said, which iPhone are you buying... a 3G?

If so, you should update your iTunes to the latest version, then restore your iPhone to 3.0 and set it up as a new phone.

At this point, you should download and run redsn0w 0.8. The JB process is pretty straight forward... but if you want a tutorial for how to use this tool, just view this one. I realize the tutorial is for redsn0w 0.72, but that doesn't make a difference to the steps taken.

Once your iPhone is jailbroken, you need to launch Cydia and let it perform any updates it requests. At this point, you need to add add the Dev-Team repo so you can install ultrasn0w.

Can someone please jump in with that info? I need to leave for work in like 1 min or I'm gonna be late. :)

But anyway, what I typed up gets you 99% of the way there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711