Upgrade 2.2.1 to 3.0

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
I have an unlocked, jailbroken iphone 3G v 2.2.1 My question is, when the dev-team manage to unlock 3.0, do i have to re-virginize my 2.2.1, upgrade to 3.0 then do the unlocking and jailbreaking all over again? And if i have to do that, will i lose all the data in my iphone? (Like my sent emails, sms, etc2)

How do you back up your mails, calendar in your iphone? Itunes does back-ups, i know that, but does jailbreaking and unjailbreaking change any of that?

thanks in advance

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have an unlocked, jailbroken iphone 3G v 2.2.1 My question is, when the dev-team manage to unlock 3.0, do i have to re-virginize my 2.2.1, upgrade to 3.0 then do the unlocking and jailbreaking all over again? And if i have to do that, will i lose all the data in my iphone? (Like my sent emails, sms, etc2)

How do you back up your mails, calendar in your iphone? Itunes does back-ups, i know that, but does jailbreaking and unjailbreaking change any of that?

thanks in advance

You will upgrade and then have to re-jailbreak and what-not. I know there are apps in cydia to make a backup of your jailbroken stuff to restore after an upgrade. (at least i think they're still there) I haven't been jailbroken for almost a year as it makes the phone perform like crap.

Either way - maybe someone else can help.

This thread may be better suited for the jailbreaking subforum, not the general iPhone forum.

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
You will upgrade and then have to re-jailbreak and what-not. I know there are apps in cydia to make a backup of your jailbroken stuff to restore after an upgrade. (at least i think they're still there) I haven't been jailbroken for almost a year as it makes the phone perform like crap.

Either way - maybe someone else can help.

This thread may be better suited for the jailbreaking subforum, not the general iPhone forum.

Your jailbroken phone performed like crap?? In what respect?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

thanks in advance

You have to tell iTunes where you want to sync your calendar and contacts info. Whether it's outlook, or mac mail, etc...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW