Hi,
    I've never had an iphone and I'm planning on buying the new one on the 19th. I don't want to get it if I can't jailbreak it tho. Is it gonna be possible to jailbreak it soon after it is released? Its the 3G S model btw.
    06-09-2009 12:08 PM
    Hi,
    I've never had an iphone and I'm planning on buying the new one on the 19th. I don't want to get it if I can't jailbreak it tho. Is it gonna be possible to jailbreak it soon after it is released? Its the 3G S model btw.
    If you never had an iPhone, you really can't say what features the new iPhon will or will not have. The 3Gs has many features (finally) that you could only get via jailbreak (mms, video, cut and paste).

I personally jailbroke my V1 so I could get screen shots, tethering capability, and the ability to theme. Screen shot capability was estabished in OS 2.0. You still can't officially tether, but with jail break you can.

The iPhone Dev Team has jail broken OS 3.0 for existing 3G devices. Not clear what is lurking behind the 3Gs hardware. After all, it will have its own OS version. If jail breaking is important to you, I would recommend finding a 3G device.
    06-09-2009 01:14 PM
    I remember the first generation iPhones were easy to jailbreak. The 3G was much harder and it was much more difficult to get jailbreaking information on. I hope that is not the case with the 3GS.
    06-09-2009 01:21 PM
    Your best bet is to not impulse buy and take a wait and see approach. The 3gs has newer hardware. It could be more difficult as Apple doesn't like the Jailbreaking community.
    06-09-2009 04:24 PM
    Only time will tell with the 3G S jailbreak. We'll know more once the dev team gets their hands on them...
    06-09-2009 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD