Jailbreak question, and 3.0

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
After seeing the 3.0 and the new hardware, I decided to keep my 3G and just jailbreak it. Main reasons, video recording capabilities and voice control. I'm not sure if voice control is available through jailbreaking but it's really not a need for me so it'll be just a plus.

If I've been paying attention correctly, there has always been a jailbreak for all the betas in 3.0.

If I am to jailbreak though, does that mean that all the programs that I have need to be re synced? Will all my music be gone? contact information and whatnot?

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
But usually, I find that things run A LOT smoother if you start from a fresh restore of the phone. So unfortunately, you would have to reinstall all your apps and any high scores and data will be lost.

It's a disappointing fact of iPhone life that you can't backup and restore easily. Once you are jailbroken though with some ssh work you can backup some data of some apps.

Always to a fresh restore. It will make things run smoother and I think it will help ensure a more successful time in jailbreaking it.