Wondering if you guys could help me.

I have an iphone which is unlocked to any carrier. I know this because I have my T-Mobile SIM card in it and it works fine. I've also tried an Orange Sim card.

The version of my phone is 2.2.1 (5H11)
    Modem Firmware 02.30.03

My phone does not have the installer icon or cydia icon.

Is my phone jailbroken and if not can it be jailbroken.

I bought this phone off ebay so thats why I don't know too much about the phone. I assume its 3g as when I go to settings>general>network I have the option to enable 3g

Thanks guys!
    06-09-2009 04:08 AM
    Unless it was a specialty phone from Singapore where true non-jailbroken/unlocked iPhones have been sold, your phone had been unlocked and jailbroken. Does your home screen still show the Cydia or installer app?

If not, you may need to restore to factory settings, re-jailbreak and unlock again using yellowsnow.
    06-09-2009 09:41 AM
    Hmmm...it might be factory unlocked as it has baseband 2.30.03. It doesn't sound like it is jailbroken.

Can you contact the seller and find out where it was purchased?
    06-09-2009 10:01 AM
    Thanks for the response.

I've tried to contact the seller but with no success.

There is no installer app or cydia app on the home screen.

It just looks like a regular iphone straight out the box which can take any sim card.

Being that the Moden firmware is 02.30.03, would I still be able to jailbreak it (if it's not already jailbroken)

I restored the phone using itunes and everything resetted. The phone was still unlocked to any carrier.
    Last edited by Mr.P; 06-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    06-09-2009 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the response.

I've tried to contact the seller but with no success.

There is no installer app or cydia app on the home screen.

It just looks like a regular iphone straight out the box which can take any sim card.

Being that the Moden firmware is 02.30.03, would I still be able to jailbreak it (if it's not already jailbroken)

I restored the phone using itunes and everything resetted. The phone was still unlocked to any carrier.

You restored to factory settings and the phone continued to be unlocked? Unlocking may have been done by hardware means rather than software. Once restored (regardless of unlocking), go ahead and jailbreak using your preferred method (Quick Pwn is easy). Unlocking shouldn't matter one way or the other.

Be careful of upgrading to OS 3.0. You can still jailbreak, but I don't know if your device will finally give up its ability to stay unlocked.
    06-09-2009 04:17 PM
    Ok thanks but is this possible even though I am on baseband 02.30.03?
    06-09-2009 05:03 PM
    It sounds like you are hardware unlocked, which I would think means that if you can swap SIMS with 2.30.03, then it shouldn't matter. Then again, I'm not on the Dev Team, so I can't speak with any certainty...
    06-09-2009 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD