Update jailbroken 2.2.1 to non jb 3.0

BCR#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
hi there,

i recently jailbroke my iphone 2G 2.2.1 and have to say, I was quite pleased with the results.

Now Apple's new 3.0 software is expected to go online sometime tonight (i'm in europe) and i'd like to install it without a jailbreak first.

Do you think I can just click "update" when the new version is available or should I "restore" first, so the jailbreak becomes undone before i update?

I'm aware I might not be able to jb my phone again (remains to be seen) but i plan to get the next gen iphone anyway. Hope it goes on sale at the same time here in europe

BCR

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
hi there,

i recently jailbroke my iphone 2G 2.2.1 and have to say, I was quite pleased with the results.

Now Apple's new 3.0 software is expected to go online sometime tonight (i'm in europe) and i'd like to install it without a jailbreak first.

Do you think I can just click "update" when the new version is available or should I "restore" first, so the jailbreak becomes undone before i update?

I'm aware I might not be able to jb my phone again (remains to be seen) but i plan to get the next gen iphone anyway. Hope it goes on sale at the same time here in europe

BCR

You can just update you do not need to restore first.

BCR#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks....Since my iPhone turned into a lifeless brick for a few terrifying minutes a while ago, i've become extra careful ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox