Jailbroken 2G Voicemail problem

contact56

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I've just jailbroken my 1st generation 2G phone to 2.2.1 and it's working good so far. Couple questions:

1. I backup the phone before doing that. After jailbreak and unlock, all my contacts are gone. How can synch them back? What about the apps I downloaded before?

2. Even since my phone was jailbroken (even for the old version), I always see a red dot on the voicemail icon every time after I rebooted the phone. I had to call the voicemail (and of course find out there's no voicemails) and hang up, then the red dot would go away. I was told it's because I have T-Mobile, not AT&T. I can live with that (but would love to know if that can be fixed) but a few days ago, after I call the voicemail and hang up, I would immediately receive a blank text message from "@" (there's no sender) and the red dot doesn't go away. Any clue? :confused:

Thanks a lot!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Do you have your contact synced anywhere (not just iTunes...something like Google or MobileMe)? Best bet would be to sync with one of those services and then re-enable it and your contacts will be there.

2. I use AT&T so I can't help you here. :)

treouserinla2

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
[This is the second thread I've seen with this problem. I'm reposting my post below from another thread.]

This is not a problem with your phone. This is a problem with T-Mobile. They just recently changed the way their voicemail alerts function.

Here's the best discussion I've found about the issue:

[Okay, I can't post links because I'm apparently too new to this blog. But, here's the link that you'll have to replace the DOTs with "."]

www DOT hackint0sh DOT org/forum/f127/71287-6.htm

Maybe we can start thread about this issue on The iPhone Blog?