I want to keep all of my apps and music and movies and stuff and want to upgrade to 2.2.1 from 2.2 WITHOUT unjailbreaking my iPhone. Its already jailbroken.

How do I do this? I use windows Vista.

p.s. I had 2.2.1 and downgraded to 2.2 and now want to get it back to 2.2.1.

Thanks
    Last edited by WhySoSerious; 04-23-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    04-23-2009 02:56 PM
    Simple answer, you can't. Whenever you upgrade your software you always lose the jailbreak.
    04-24-2009 09:05 AM
    On this same line...when the new 3.0 update comes out and I plug my jailbroken phone into iTunes, will it put the new OS on and remove the jailbreak, or will I have to restore the phone first and then do the update?
    04-26-2009 11:41 AM
    On this same line...when the new 3.0 update comes out and I plug my jailbroken phone into iTunes, will it put the new OS on and remove the jailbreak, or will I have to restore the phone first and then do the update?
    Unless Apple comes up with a way to ruin your phone because of a jailbreak then I don't think you should be worried. Simply just update... but don't use a backup file. Start from scratch.
    04-26-2009 11:44 AM
    Unless Apple comes up with a way to ruin your phone because of a jailbreak
    Didn't Apple already say they wouldn't do that again?
    04-26-2009 11:54 AM
    Didn't Apple already say they wouldn't do that again?
    It is very unlikely that would happen, but I suppose anything is possible. I wouldn't worry about it, you should be safe. Think of all the jailbroken iPhones out there today, Apple would be fools to brick all of those devices.
    04-26-2009 12:00 PM
    I've never really seen the necessity to doing this. There really wernt too many fixes, and I can endure the random crash once in 2-3 weeks in safari.. Im definitely going to wait till 3.0 before updating firmware. Cant wait for it!
    05-05-2009 07:53 PM
    Simple answer, you can't. Whenever you upgrade your software you always lose the jailbreak.
    But not your data, and then you can Jailbreak again and load your Cydia apps again. IIRC I had to re-enter the registration data for PDANet, but not too painful.
    05-28-2009 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD