uppgrading and app store

9fenix9

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi all......Newbie guy here...i want to kno when upgrading and jailbreaking to say...2.2.1 on my 2g iphone can i download free apps from apple app store (provided i have an account) or is there something i must do first.........Please help

9fenix9

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Bad Ash... Arigatou gozaimasu......I have another question however....QuickPwn.... does it also unlock (as in allow the phone to be used with other networks/sim cards) as well....or does it just jailbreak the phone (as in installs cydia and allow the phone to install unapproved third party apps as well as use WinSCP)

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bad Ash... Arigatou gozaimasu......I have another question however....QuickPwn.... does it also unlock (as in allow the phone to be used with other networks/sim cards) as well....or does it just jailbreak the phone (as in installs cydia and allow the phone to install unapproved third party apps as well as use WinSCP)

WinPwn/Quickpwn

WILL unlock your iphone aslong as you are not 2.2.1

If you are on a Macintosh

Then you can use Pwnagetool

9fenix9

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Thank You Ghecko.... Okay I have another problem lol.......I have a iphone 2G with firmware 1.1.4 i want to get it to 2.2 how do i do this?....I already downloaded the 2.2 firmware file (cube lookin file icon and has the extension "ipsw") and im double clicking it...itunes is coming up but nothing is happening....my phone is already synced....i cant update it through itune's update button because it says 2.2.1 is available...suffice to say that 2.2.1 is whats going to put on...but according mr gecko that isnt gonna fly since i live in an area where there are no at&t or cingular or any other related networks ...i cant allow it to be locked without being able to unlock it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods