I just ran the 2.2.1 fw upgrade followed by re-jailbreaking. Some legit apps are not reinstalled. I had been running Big Boss's "Categories" app and I did not remove these apps from the category folder. It is the same apps that are not restoring to the iPhone. I'm also seeing a much larger "other" category for disk usage.
    Anyone have suggestions on how to restore these missing apps?
    04-03-2009 02:11 PM
    Restore and start from scratch... you should always jailbreak on a fresh install. Or crazy things can and will happen.
    04-03-2009 02:14 PM
    Restore and start from scratch... you should always jailbreak on a fresh install. Or crazy things can and will happen.
    I concur....I know from experience
    04-03-2009 03:41 PM
    I followed your advice, but some of my apps are still not getting installed.
    04-03-2009 04:00 PM
    This is a known issue with leaving apps. inside Categories folders when restoring.

There is an easy fix out there.

For now you'll have to search for it, my wife is yelling at me to get out the door.
    04-03-2009 05:38 PM
    I know that it's my error for failing to remove the apps from the categories folder. I did a quick search with no good results (more effort tomorrow), but if anyone has the reference to the easy fix, I'd sure appreciate it.
    Mark
    04-03-2009 11:45 PM
    Thanks to all for posts. For anyone else seeking the solution - here is a link
    Tip: Missing or Hidden Icons | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    The short answer is use sbSettings and "unhide" the hidden or missing icons.
    04-04-2009 08:37 AM
    Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get paid apps back after update and re-jailbrake?
    04-06-2009 05:10 PM
    Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get paid apps back after update and re-jailbrake?
    Of course, they are saved on your itunes. Just sync them from there. I also think you can re-download them directly from the app store on your phone without being charged again since you already have paid for them.
    04-06-2009 07:36 PM
    Of course, they are saved on your itunes. Just sync them from there. I also think you can re-download them directly from the app store on your phone without being charged again since you already have paid for them.
    Ah okay, that's good to know.
    04-11-2009 04:14 PM
    Bergman,

Did you reinstall Categories? I had the same issue on a past jailbreak so when I reinstalled Categories I was able to find the apps once I set up each shortcut.

I hope this works for you if you've not solved the issue yet.

04-16-2009 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD