Iphone 2g question

madspar1

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
I have an iphone 2g and I don't want the data package anymore and when i called att they said I cant cancel it because its an iphone is there any way to get around this??

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
If you have the 2-year iPhone contract with AT&T, you're stuck with the data plan at least until your 2 years are up or pay the ETF. They might let you drop the data plan when your contract is fulfilled though.

madspar

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
The phones contract is over but they just said they cant cancel the data package because its an iphone and id have to switch phones it their no way around this?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I have read that you can do it if you unlock the phone, I have no idea if this is true or not. For sure, it is violating the terms and conditions of the at&t service. If you are able to remove the data plan, you need to make sure your phone has no access to celular data, turn off 3G and Edge or put a data block on your phone altogether, if not, the bill you get for all the data the iPhone uses just sitting on a desk will be much higher than the 20 bucks for the data plan.

superflush

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
There must be a way to do this, but they want you to use the data plan. For there are several phones on AT&T that you don't need a data plan for. If you switched to a free phone, you could just keep the iPhone and put the SIM back in it, right??

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I bought my 2G on eBay. As soon as I inserted my existing SIM, AT&T recognized me as an iPhone user and upgraded my plan automatically. I don't think that there is any easy way out of the data plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro