ALPINE password change

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so now i will try CyberDuck to SSH into my iPhone. Do I try the wifi IP address to the data IP address? I have tried both but still can't get in.

To find the IP you use, go to settings --> wifi ---> click the info arrow for whatever wifi network you are connected to, and under the DHCP tab, the first thing you will see is IP Address, that's the IP you want to use. :)

If you're using a mac, fugu is an awesome free SSH client.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget it's good to not only change the "root" password but also the "mobile" password. They are both set to alpine by default.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I keep trying Fugu but get permssions denied errors... I sign is as root... it's port 22 right?

root, port 22, password is alpine

You may have to check your wireless router isn't blocking wireless devices from communicating. I ran into this problem recently ( and wanted to throw my router across the room when I figured out the problem ) lol.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
root, port 22, password is alpine

You may have to check your wireless router isn't blocking wireless devices from communicating. I ran into this problem recently ( and wanted to throw my router across the room when I figured out the problem ) lol.

Okay, help me out here...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
K for the peeps on Macs I'll tell ya what I did xan anyone tell me the benefit of SSH over my method? I'd like to know which method is bettr before recommending it to others. I use Iphone Explorer(Mac) it allows me to browse the file system through the USB cable which I found way faster than through WIFI. So I un-installed OpenSSH in Cydia. This removes the possibility of my SSH being open and hackable doesn't it? I use DiskAid to do the same from Windows but Alli was telling me DiskAid was giving her problems so just putting that as a possible option for Windows users.

If you're using SSH remember to get SBSettings and turn it off when you're done it kills a battery real fast. In cyberduck make sure you change connection method to SFTP(SSH) by default it's FTP. Wouldn't turning off SSH while you're not using it take away vulnerability?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I had to install Cydia to get the Mobile Terminal to work. Don't ask me why. Mobile Terminal would not work if I got it from Rock.

But now my root password has been changed to pA55w0rD. I greatly appreciate the help.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
CCT1 thank you for you for you help! I was going nuts trying to use mobile terminal from Rock and I just could not make it work it keept crashing right after lounch just as you described it. I'm downloading cydia now, thanks for posting the tip!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I had to install Cydia to get the Mobile Terminal to work. Don't ask me why. Mobile Terminal would not work if I got it from Rock.

But now my root password has been changed to pA55w0rD. I greatly appreciate the help.

Really we have the same password now damn I'm changing mine to blank :D

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
CCT1 thank you for you for you help! I was going nuts trying to use mobile terminal from Rock and I just could not make it work it keept crashing right after lounch just as you described it. I'm downloading cydia now, thanks for posting the tip!

Sho nuff, pisan. :)

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok I need help with this. I have Cydia and I've downloaded, deleted, and reinstalled mobile terminal several times and still no luck and all of the tutorials appear to be for those using a mac...what gives? Any ideas?