What firmware do I have?

uga.buga

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey,
I Am stuck in Either Recovery mode, Or the slide to emergency call .
(Goal is to jailbreak and unlock the iphone 3g 8gb I bought)
Is there any way to find out the firmware I have in these modes?

Also
YouTube - Jailbreak & Unlock 2.2.1 iPhone 2g, 3g, and iPod Touch (Youtube that video, i cant post the link because it says im new. thanks)
Has anyone tried that, because if that works, can't i just update my phone through itunes, then do the stuff he says?

thanks!

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with unlocking an iPhone but I have jailbroken several of my friend's iPhones. Out of the five times that I've done it, I into a snag once. The problem there was that after jailbreaking the iPhone would not reboot. His problem was that he had too many third party apps. I've found that if you restore and don't reload your apps and then jailbreak, you can add your apps back just fine. For some reason the phone chokes on the reboot when it has too many third party apps to think about. That may be way off of subject for you but it is something to think about when jailbreaking.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi There,

I was in the same position when I first looked into Jailbreaking. You should sync to iTunes so the phone is up to date with the current firmware. Make sure iTunes has it's newest version as well. Then you run the Jailbreak process.

I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2