Successful? jailbreak w/no Cydia

dcal66

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Not a major problem - phone did not crash, I have connection - but I do not see any change from going through the QuickPwn process. I went through the QuickPwn process twice and had these same results.

-Seamless process through "Sit Back and Wait" step where the phone screen went white and I was awaiting the reboot.
-After 20 minutes, the phone shut off. Waited another 5 minutes and nothing happened.
-Turned the phone on from power button and I am viewing the same phone and setup as I did prior to the QuickPwn.

Is there a way to ensure that the phone reboots and does not turn off, or do I have to go through further steps in order to instal Cydia??

Everything went well, but the jailbreak did not complete.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
If you're not seeing Installer or Cydia it doesn't sound like you're completing the Jailbreak process successfully.

Have u tried a full restore, no set up, followed by Quickpawn?

dcal66

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
My "first" attempt, I had incorrectly held the home and power buttons so I was forced to completely restore my phone to factory settings. I let iTunes reload my applications, but stopped the sync when it started loading music, etc as I wanted another shot at the jailbreak.

In the next two attempts where I did everything as posted, I was not given any warnings and I forced quit iTunes every time it attempted to open. So when I did the two 'seamless' QuickPwn installs, they took place after factory reset.

Since I haven't lost connections or data, it's worth another shot. How long does the 'Sit Back and Wait' step supposed to take? And should I expect a full reboot to the springboard w/Cydia on its own?

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
1. Plug the phone into the cable.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Press and hold the power and home buttons.
4. When you see the Apple logo release the power button.
5. Continue holding the home button until you see a pop up message in iTunes telling you an iPhone has been discovered in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
6. Choose the restore to factory defaults option.
7. Once it's been restored DO NOT SET IT UP, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACK UP. DO NOTHING.
8. Now run Quickpawn and Jailbreak.
9. Once the phone is Jailbroken go back to iTunes.
10. Choose the set up as new phone option.
11. Let the phone sync and then go into the phone and reconfigure your settings.

Follow these directions as I've written them and everything shall be okay.

The last reboot after Quickpawn has actually run on the device should only take a few minutes if you've followed my directions.

chais#IM

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys sorry to bump an older thread but I'm having the same issue :confused:

Tried jailbreaking with Quickpwn 2.2.5 on my factory reset iPhone 3G 2.2.1 and everything happened according to the instruction e.g. put it into DFU mode and it uploaded all the files to be installed. However, in the last step where it should reboot the device it doesn't. Instead it stays on the apple logo for about five minutes, then goes to a backlit black screen for about 10 minutes and then completely switches off.

I have left it for over an hour and it hasn't rebooted, so when i switch the power on it boots up normally as it was before the attempted jailbreak (e.g. with no Cydia, Installer or Quickpwn logos which I opted for it to install). I've tried pwnagetool as well with the same result, and followed Igreenberg's instruction above to the letter but still no jailbreak:(

Anyone else with the same problem or any ideasss?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro