Can't delete pics..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I finally decided to jailbreak my phone the other night, everything seems to work fine except one thing, I can't delete pics now! Well, I can, but everytime I do it and close and open up the pics folder the ones I've deleted show back up, I'm stumped..:confused::confused:

Ap4mvp

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Did you by chance install snapture.. I just recently found the solution.. Here is the solution froma nother thread I answered in..

"Ok got the answer.. found in another forum but done my way.. Ok so I use winSCP with ssh to get into the iphone files..you could also used Finder if you have that..

browse to the folder: /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/

Delete the folder called 100Apple..

Then take a picture using the original camera.. I found it works best to leave your first picture in your photos with a picture from the original camera..

Now my original camera works.. Snapture works.. and I can save images from the internet again."

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you by chance install snapture.. I just recently found the solution.. Here is the solution froma nother thread I answered in..

"Ok got the answer.. found in another forum but done my way.. Ok so I use winSCP with ssh to get into the iphone files..you could also used Finder if you have that..

browse to the folder: /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/

Delete the folder called 100Apple..

Then take a picture using the original camera.. I found it works best to leave your first picture in your photos with a picture from the original camera..

Now my original camera works.. Snapture works.. and I can save images from the internet again."

Sorry, thanks for the help, I've been busy, still have the problem..:(

Ok, the first program I got from Cydia was Snapture, I tried deleteing it to see if that would correct the problem but it did not. I don't know how to use SSH, don't know what winSCP is, but I did download Finder from Cydia, although I couldn't figure it out, lots of options and files, and I don't want to delete the wrong thing.

Is there a step by step guide somewhere of how to fix it using Finder?

Ap4mvp

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Sorry never used finder..but the method I told you about is very quick..

Go into Cydia and download OpenSSH.. it runs in the background so there wont be an icon.. Then goto winscp.net and download the program (it's free)..

After installing, launch WinSCP.

Connect to your Wi-Fi network from your iPhone/iPod Touch.

Go into Winscp and under host name, type your iPhone/iPod Touch's IP address. (To find your IP address, just go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> and click on the blue network next to the network you're connected to)

Under username enter: root
Under password enter: alpine

the first time you login it could take a few minutes.. just let it go.. and make sure your iphone is still lit up don't let it goto sleep..

Now follow my original directions in the above post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR