Big Jailbreak Problem

anon(3399358)

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I need help!

Here is what happened. About 2 months ago I jailbroke my Iphone 3g. Everything worked as advertised. But a couple of weeks ago I decided to go back to the Apple firmware. I plugged in the phone and tapped the update button instead of the restore buton in itunes. The software updated ok but I didnt have the Settings icon. My settings remained from the jailbreak (Location-on, 3g-on, Wifi-on). I had no way of turning those off.

The nest thing I did was I plugged the phone back into Itunes and did a restore. Same thing, no way to get to the settings. I need to adjust the adjust the settings because my battery is dying too quivkly with everything on.

The last thing I tried today was to jailbreak it again (thinking I could use jailbreak apps to get to the settings). No dice. I used Quickpwn and the result is the same as if I had done a restore. I now have no settings icon and no Cydia or Instaler icon.

One more thing: When the phone was jailbroken I chaned the carrier logo. The logo is still there even ater the restore and update with Apples firmware.

What can I do?

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
1. Plug the phone into the cable.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Press and hold the power and home buttons.
4. When you see the Apple logo release the power button.
5. Continue holding the home button until you see a pop up message in iTunes telling you an iPhone has been discovered in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
6. Choose the restore to factory defaults option.
7. Once it's been restored DO NOT SET IT UP, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACK UP. DO NOTHING.
8. Now run Quickpawn and Jailbreak.
9. Once the phone is Jailbroken go back to iTunes.
10. Choose the set up as new phone option.
11. Let the phone sync and then go into the phone and reconfigure your settings.

Follow these directions as I've written them and everything shall be restored.