Hi all, This is my first post here, I hope it will be more helpfull than at other forums where no one has responded . I've done my research, but all thats out there is tutorials on how to upgrade a locked iphone, not an already jailbroken one.

My Situation:
    I have an already jailbroken iphone 3g (1st gen) that I pwned using winpwn. It is currently running fw 2.0.1 and I want to update to 2.2.1 while also preserving the baseband. Currently i'm using a gevey turbosim with a t-moble sim but it sucks (doesn't recieve calls often, even though it says i have full signal) and i would like to use yellowsn0w. I have a pc with both a vista partition and iatkos 4a partition (so i can run leopard on my comp, not emulation..real thing).

Questions:
    1.) First off do i need to upgrade to 2.2 before going to 2.2.1? If so how should i go about this if my phone is already jailbroken (do i need to unjailbreak first?).

2.) Also I left my original at&t sim at school, do i need this in the phone during these processes, or can i take out my t-mobile sim and have no sim in there, or can i leave my t-mobile sim in there? (I asume taking out the turbo sim is probably a good idea). I've seen elsewhere people saying just use itunes to update to 2.2 if your phone is already jailbroken, but at this point I think itunes wants to update me to 2.2.1 and that would be bad and loose the baseband.

3.) Now when i want to update to 2.2.1 using pwnagetool on my iatkos (leopard), can it already be jailbroken, or do i need to reset it (kinduv a repeat question)? I know it prompts you and asks if it has already been jailbroken, but does it matter that i used winpwn and not pwnage tool.

P.S: the iatkos 4a (leopard) is below 10.5.6 meaning it should be able to see my iphone in DFU mode. And if anyone has tried to use pwnagetool on iatkos i would be curious to hear if it worked, thanks so much if you can help
    03-18-2009 05:23 PM
    It is always good to stay where you are... With jailbreaks be happy it is working.... and stay where it is working...
    03-20-2009 10:15 AM
    http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...es-inside.html

I don't think I would risk trying this on your computer...
    03-20-2009 10:38 AM
    dude... u dont know ..but iam in exactly ..same situation . whether to upgrade 2.2.1 .or a way to upgrade 2.2. plz ..reply if u figured it
    03-21-2009 02:57 AM
    just redo the jailbreak.. you will lose your stuff..just put it back on.
    03-23-2009 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD