1. billyeha66's Avatar
    I'm sorry for posting a new thread on this as I am sure it has been answered before but I can not find the thread again. I am looking for a good application that puts the keyboard into landscape mode for your sms. It's been a while but I read a thread before where several were listed but two were recommended over the others. Can someone please help?
    03-15-2009 06:49 PM
  2. Matt74's Avatar
    Check out iRealSMS, it's probably what you're looking for.
    03-15-2009 09:11 PM
  3. jayman30's Avatar
    There's also MySMS and ByteSMS. All have slightly different features, so check em out and see what works best for you.
    03-15-2009 09:48 PM
  4. reyza's Avatar
    Some added info on iRealSMS: it comes packaged with Quicksend, allowing you to very quickly(almost instantly) send a text to someone within any app. No need to close anything. That same feature can also be used to call people within any app, no need to go to home screen then phone; just open quicksend, find contact, tap call. I love it.
    03-16-2009 02:27 AM
  5. SPARTAN 781's Avatar
    There's also MySMS and ByteSMS. All have slightly different features, so check em out and see what works best for you.


    Could you share those differences?
    03-16-2009 11:46 AM
  6. njballer42's Avatar
    Do any of those cost money? thanks.
    03-16-2009 05:51 PM
  7. shutter's Avatar
    All of them cost money, mySMS and biteSMS are the cheapest. mySMS has a "never ending trial version where 20% of the outgoing SMS take 30 seconds to send, the other 80% send immediately. After you buy a license all outgoing messages send immediately. iRealSMS has the most features and all have free trials. Give them a try and pick the one you like best.
    03-16-2009 07:58 PM
  8. billyeha66's Avatar
    Thanks for all of your help. I should have jailbroke the phone along time ago. This is great!
    03-16-2009 08:28 PM
  9. Brickman's Avatar
    There is also SMS Touch if you do not want to Jailbreak. It is $2.99 in the APP Store.
    03-16-2009 11:16 PM
  10. JustinHorn's Avatar
    What's the reason everyone wants to have landscape SMS? I would never use this and am interested in understanding the idea behind it.
    03-16-2009 11:36 PM
  11. jayman30's Avatar
    What's the reason everyone wants to have landscape SMS? I would never use this and am interested in understanding the idea behind it.
    Landscape SMS offers a large keyboard with bigger keys for much faster, more accurate 'two thumb' typing.


    MySMS in Landscape mode has room for punctuation keys on the top right.
    03-17-2009 09:52 PM
  12. jayman30's Avatar
    Could you share those differences?
    They have too many features to list here, check these links.

    MySMS info: MySMS - THE WAY iPhone SMS APP SHOULD HAVE BEEN SINCE DAY ONE | FSMdotCOM
    ByteSMS info: biteSMS - Unique Features
    03-17-2009 09:58 PM
  13. spsands's Avatar
    Landscape SMS offers a large keyboard with bigger keys for much faster, more accurate 'two thumb' typing.


    MySMS in Landscape mode has room for punctuation keys on the top right.
    You know... I have a landscape sms program that I NEVER use... I can actually 2 thumb the regular sms app.

    I thought I would like it so much more, but I havent. Dont see a need to use it.
    03-18-2009 01:07 AM
  14. JustinHorn's Avatar
    I have the beta and don't like landscape text, it's too small of a screen and plus I type better on the smaller keyboard.
    03-18-2009 02:01 AM
  15. shutter's Avatar
    I think landscape text is going to be like anything else, some will like it, some won't. I have been using landscape text with iRealSMS and mySMS for a while and I love it. I have large fingers and find it very difficult to type in portrait with two hands.

    You know... I have a landscape sms program that I NEVER use...
    I thought I would like it so much more, but I havent. Dont see a need to use it.
    If you've gotten proficient at portrait SMS you may not have a need for it, but some of us do, I also think if the landscape SMS had been available natively you may have found it more useful. I think it would be a pain in the butt use a second app to type the message then send to the sms app then open that app and send it.
    03-18-2009 07:58 AM
  16. JustinHorn's Avatar
    Yeah, I mean it's good that they added it because then it gives everyone what they want. I can use my portrait still so it doesn't take anything away from me.
    03-18-2009 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD