re jailbreaking 3G

axxll

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
hi
I bought an unlocked iphone in the US, when i went overseas it didnt work.
I managed to jaibreak it .

I want to unlock lock it for any carrier . I read here that i need to bring it to 2.2.1 first by connecting it to itunes then follow some set of instructions which will jailbreak it to 2.2.1

am I on the right track especially that my iphone is already jail broken !?

will this process of re-jail breaking unlock my phone to any carrier.?

can you guide me please.?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you install a 2.2.1 firmware, you will need to install a custom firmware. The iPhone Dev Team's site along with the stickies in this forum have all of the info you need.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
iPhone firmware comes in 2 parts, one of which is called the baseband. The baseband is the part that handles communication between your cell phone carrier and the rest of your phone.

The baseband that comes with firmware 2.2.1 cannot be uninstalled, and cannot be unlocked. So if you want to unlock your iPhone, with 2.2.1 installed, you need to find a custom made firmware package that has had the baseband component removed. You can find a custom firmware on several bit torrent sites.

Once you have a custom firmware image, you can install it by going into iTunes and doing a shift-click on the "Restore" button. This will let you choose the image file to install.

After iTunes installs the firmware, you should have a jailbroken iPhone with the baseband preserved. A preserved baseband will let you install Yellownsn0w via Cydia. Cydia will be on your phone after the firmware is installed, and Yellownsn0w is a piece of software that will unlock your phone.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro