Is there a way??

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to jailbreak a iphone without downloading any software on a mac of PC to do it?

The reason i ask is because i currently am not connected online in my new house. I want to be able to have custom themes etc. I have been searching most the day and came across appsnap. All i got was a blue question mark and looking further into it. i would have to get firmware 1.1.

I have a iphone 3G on 2.2 Firmware. I dont have a mac. But i have a PC which isnt connected to the internet. Would it be best to download one of the software programs onto a USB drive and put it on my PC at home. Would it still work?

Sorry if i sound thick. I aint ever done this before.

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi RedRebellion, the best thing I can suggest is download quickpwn (I'll post some links when i get home)

Then download the 2.2 firmware which quickpwn will ask for, you can then take these home and happily jailbreak :)

Can I ask exactly which firmware you have?

Marc

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a iphone 3G on 2.2 Firmware. .

so all i would need to do is download quickpwn on another pc with internet access. Take it to my PC at home. And it should work?

In settings , General, About. It says version 2.2. I guessed that was my firmware lol

and links would be great. thanks

Last edited:

hartjo1

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
so all i would need to do is download quickpwn on another pc with internet access. Take it to my PC at home. And it should work?

In settings , General, About. It says version 2.2. I guessed that was my firmware lol

and links would be great. thanks

Yes. Your PC does not need to be connected to the internet for quickpwn to work. Just throw it on a flash drive and take it home. Make sure to read up on the procedure before you go home since you won't have access to FAQs and walkthroughs once you're there. And you really do want to read up first. It's simple, but you should know what you're getting into.

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Red, if you PM me with your email, i will upload a ZIP to my server of all the things you need. Call it my good deed for the day :)

Cheers

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I cant send a pm because of my low post count. My work email is philip.hughes86 @gmail.com I will be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks hertjo for clearing up the issue of not needing to be connected to use the program

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
thanks a lot mate.

My usb thingy aint working.. (just my luck) so i downloading the files. Sending it to my girlfriends work and and she is going to put the files onto her sony ericcson lol.

Ah the joys of not having flipping connection to the net.

Anyway like i said. Thanks everyone for your help.

Oh and i have windows

Last edited:

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Yeh i couldnt live without my net. Girlfriend used to moan I was on it all the time, now she just hijacks my pc to play CounterStrike :(

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
its only because we just moved into our first house.. trying to keep the bills down just now.. so internet was put down the list.. Will get it eventually.

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
when downloading the files... it seems to p[ause before they get downloaded. Used google chrome to download but it paused so tried firefox and same thing.

Sorry to be a pain.. could you re-upload just the windows files?
If it is no trouble?

EDIT: ooh it just started again... hold on.. will let you know what hapopens

2nd EDIT: yeah i got it now.. thanks a lot

Last edited:

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Red, taking out the mac one wouldnt change much, its only 4 mb. What speed are you getting from the server?

No Probs :)
Let me know how you get on.

Last edited:

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for my dumbness lol

I been reading the guides etc....
seems pretty straight forward.

apart from i have firmware 2.2

You gave me firmware 2.1
So how do i go down to 2.1?

Once i get home do i just connect my iphone 3G by USB.
Then when asked to browse for firmware i get the downloaded firmware and select it.

Or do i need to downgrade to 2.1 on my iphone before i start?

EDIT: Sorry its 2.2 you gave me.

So all i need to do is connect to usb and start the process.

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Not a problem lol. Yeh you simply hook it up, make sure it shows in itunes then quit it and open quickpwn. You'll need the net framework installed too. do you know if you have it?

redrebellion

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Dont have a clue mate lol.. wont be doing it til weekend anyway. Not got the time tonight.

Just trying to be clued up before i start lol

how will i check if i got net framework.. i can check that tonight

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative