I downloaded the Snapture App from Cydia, but I found that the pictures that I took at there couldnt be deleted!!! (NOTE: All the pix saved in the Camera Roll folder.) Then, I immediately deleted the Snapture App but the problem still exist!

So I could only use the original camera app that came with the iphone to take photos. However, here comes the 2nd problem - I couldn't find the pictures that were taken by the normal camera...neither in the Camera Roll or Photo Library. sigh...my iphone is now ended up without any camera function since I couldnt locate where the pics store at.

NEED HELP PLEASE! Any input would be appreciated.
    02-23-2009 09:32 PM
    Sounds like you might need to restore your phone to get the camera function back.
    02-27-2009 04:01 PM
    I have the exact SAME problem... Oh well. I'll try restoring sometime later.
    Oh I noticed when I save pictures from safari, I get the save photo option but they don't show up in my photo album???
    02-28-2009 06:28 PM
    I have the exact SAME problem... Oh well. I'll try restoring sometime later.
    Oh I noticed when I save pictures from safari, I get the save photo option but they don't show up in my photo album???
    They are stored in the Camera Roll.
    03-02-2009 12:40 PM
    Ya I looked in my camera roll. They wont' save for some reason. And I can't delete any pictures either just like the OP.
    03-02-2009 08:38 PM
    I'm curious, has this not happened to many others with snapture? I'm not downloading snapture again if it happens again.
    03-03-2009 01:30 AM
    Happening to me as well.. I'll try to find a solution.
    03-22-2009 11:51 AM
    Never has this problem with Snapture - and I just uninstalled it without incident the other day. I was using the premium version if it makes a difference.

You are trying to delete the unwanted pictures from within Snapture by swiping them right?
    03-22-2009 12:08 PM
    Ok got the answer.. found in another forum but done my way.. Ok so I use winSCP with ssh to get into the iphone files..you could also used Finder if you have that..

browse to the folder: /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/

Delete the folder called 100Apple..

Then take a picture using the original camera.. I found it works best to leave your first picture in your photos with a picture from the original camera..

Now my original camera works.. Snapture works.. and I can save images from the internet again.
    03-22-2009 12:22 PM
    You really shouldn't have to delete the pictures folders for the camera to work. Sometimes a resync, or a reboot is all that is necessary. If you have a JB'd phone, you might want to get the utility by BigBoss to move things from the small partition to the private partition. Sometimes it is a space issue.
    03-24-2009 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD