Are you Jailbroken or Not?

Are you currently Jailbroken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I haven never jailbroken my iPhone. I will admit to considering it at times, but I just don't want to deal with the risks and such. I'm happy with my iPhone the way it is. It seems as though more people need to restore jailbroken iPhones than "legit" ones. That would just annoy me.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I haven never jailbroken my iPhone. I will admit to considering it at times, but I just don't want to deal with the risks and such. I'm happy with my iPhone the way it is. It seems as though more people need to restore jailbroken iPhones than "legit" ones. That would just annoy me.

I think your right, more people do need to restore JB than legit, but the reason is simple, they are pushing the envelope with their phones, I doubt many who JB for themes, mms, copy & paste and a couple other small apps need to restore anymore than anyone else. It's the ones that got to have the latest greatest JB apps ;)

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site

I agree with you here... I don't think I will be jail breaking my iphone. I have seen to many people in the help forum panicking!

603doug

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Stopped at an ATT store to pick up a cable and the young lad behind the counter noticed the five icon dock etc on my phone and started to tell me about how I junked the phone and my first born was going to turn into a newt. Time I left he was going to jb his tonight, corporate had fed him a bunch of crap of all the problems he would have. Pointed him to this forum to answer any questions

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
@603doug: lol nice

The average JB does NOT result in any problems whatsoever (at least that was my experience and the experience of everyone who I JB their phones - ~30+ people). Installing apps from Cydia (avoid Installer) is exactly like installing apps from the App Store.

Problems tend to result from testing out beta apps, using Installer (few apps from it anyway), and manually deleting system files (duh lol). Other than that, I am running ~15 apps/extensions from Cydia (including five rows and five columns extensions, LiveClock, Weather Icon, etc...), plus have 3 apps running in the background using Backgrounder and I experience zero issues.

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I just did a jailbreak. Not that I really needed to, but I wanted to see if I could do it. Plus, I absolutely can't stop fiddling with my iPhone. The only time I'm not fiddling with it is when I'm sleeping or in the shower. :D

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
If there were "huge" benefits (for me), I'd jailbreak... but so far, I haven't read of anything that would compel me to (and I keep up on ALL the jailbreak apps - discussed here, anyway). I have everything I want (need) non-jailbroken right now.

Like llofte said, there's just too many negative outcries for me to consider it (right now)... and it's not a question of fear, or lack of confidence (I'm a web developer of 10 years, I think I can handle it). It's rather a matter of me not completely trusting the DevTeam as much as I trust Apple, I guess. People can repeat the fact that most problems are caused by user mistakes over and over, but I'm just not totally convinced (yet).

Contrary to what some very adamant people here have accused me of in the blog comments, I am NOT opposed to jailbreaking (just their stubborn denials that problems exist - whatever or whomever the cause). Maybe if future Jailbreaking features become far more numerous, while Apple continues not keeping up with wanted features, my feelings will change.

Last edited:

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
iPhone nut!

I jailbroke my iPhone four months ago and I love the freedom to do what I'd like. I'm a visual person so I learned how to design my own Clone Wars theme. I have a cool winterboard, slider, weather backgrounds, text background, etc.

I like the fact that I can now use a videa camera (Cycorder) and a better camera (Snapture).

I also like the Categories tool where you can seperate your apps into sub folders, which makes it easy to seperate games from fun apps and productive apps.

My one favorite jailbroken app is the StatusNotifier. You can customize how you get notified from e-mail, text, reminders, ect. I have mine set up to tone (remind) me every half hour, which you can also see from the unlock screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73